Menu
Milktray24
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upload speed

I have been on the highest packages ever since they have been released and now on 200mg. We need more upload speed it's still lower than bt. As a gamer who plays multi player upload is equal if not more to play online. We need at least 30/50mg upload. Please please please Virgin can you sort this low 12mg upload speed.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Milktray24
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upload speed

Please add a name for a petition for greater upload speed gamers. Thank you
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

games do not need more then 1mbps upload. you seem to not understand how games work if you think you need 30mbps to play.

Are you saying that anyone on DSL using 1mbps can't play games at all?

I can play every game i want. Never found a game i can't play.

0 Kudos
Milktray24
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

For gaming upload is equally important as download. Until you look it up "Google". Then reply lol
0 Kudos
Milktray24
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Also Virgin agree but all these [Content removed] ask for download and not upload. They say they listen to what people want but most of you ask for download thinking that is the best for gaming. There wrong. You still need upload just as much

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It does depend on the game there are games where.

You connect to a dedicated server where you just send your movements/actions upload that the server sends to everyone and the sever sends you other players movements/actions by download. This means you upload very little but the dedicated server is heavy loaded.

Or games are starting to do the following where.

You connect to a server where you just send your port and this is sent to everyone and UDP Traversal happens and you connect to one another for your movements/actions to upload per player and other players sends you their movements/actions by download. This means you upload more but the server is just a relay or can check in every now and then. But even then you only need 1 or 2 Mb for 32 players in that setup depending on how much is sent per player.

0 Kudos