Menu
Ninjutso
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade from 30MB's to 200MB's

Hi,

I recently decided to upgrade my internet from 30MB's to 200MB's and when i was calling the customer service, I've asked them if i would get the faster speed with my current super hub and she said no because i needed the new super hub which can deal with the higher speeds.
So i then asked her if as soon as i installed the new super hub would my internet speed go to 200MB's or at least improve massively, she said that it would.
Today i got the self install pack, done everything, internet is working but unfortunetly once as soon as I started checking my speeds, i had 2.8 MB's download and only 0.4MB's upload... Then i went on the community to check what i could do to improve my speeds, activated the "Modem Mode" then my speeds went back to what they were which is:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5079976530.png

Should i wait a little longer ? on the hope of getting a massive improvement in speeds, or there is something possibly wrong ?

Thank you

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade from 30MB's to 200MB's

You could check that your super hub has picked up the new 200Mbs config. If you go to http://192.168.100.1/ to get the super hub GUI. Don't login but instead click on the Router Status button in the top right of the screen. On the next screen click on Operation Configuration then look for Primary Downstream Service Flow. Under that heading the value for Max Traffic Rate should be 220000000 bps if your hub is correctly configured for 200Mbs.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Ninjutso
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade from 30MB's to 200MB's

i went there and it displays "33000000"
i will wait until tomorrow as they said it could take up to 48hrs for it to upgrade.

Thank you
0 Kudos