Menu
SebMarsh
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unstable spikes in latency

Hey everyone, I've been using Virgin's VIVID 200 package for a few months now and everything is fine, I tend to get around 50ms - 70ms in European servers on CS:GO which is perfectly playable. I get around 20ms or less in UK servers.

However, for the past week or so I've been having issues with the ping going up to about 150ms - 200ms in European servers. At first this I thought maybe this was me being hit with traffic management but it happens as late as 1AM. It's a temporary spike and doesn't seem to have a pattern but nothing on my end has changed.

Any particular reason I'm getting these spikes? The lag is awfully bad when it happens and really affects performance. Speeds are unchanged, just the latency spikes hard sometimes.

Thanks

0 Kudos
lambey332
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable spikes in latency

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable spikes in latency

Afternoon SebMarsh,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing high pings and latency spikes.

I would like to check your connection for any issues, however I was unable to locate your account. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. 

In the meantime, are you able to create a Broadband Quality Monitor please as this will check the performance of the connection? If you do set up a BQM make sure that you go into your router settings > Advanced Settings > Ping > and tick Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP or disable the firewall if you have a Hub 3.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos