Menu
Reply
  • 1
  • 0
  • 0
Nemah
Joining in
213 Views
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unstable Superhub making games unplayable

If I leave my internet/router on for too long, my ping and internet speeds become abysmal, see below graphs for the example, you can clearly see where I reset my router and all is fine for about 8-12 hours or so, the longer I wait before rebooting the router and the worse it gets.

Any suggestions for fixing this would be appreciated

9a403e03fa9b9c25f2504604d1f1a119-19-12-2015

 

 

fb157fdbc1e4ef325f4c6dce198452ed-20-12-2015

0 Kudos
  • 12.92K
  • 366
  • 1.04K
Moderator
Moderator
140 Views
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable Superhub making games unplayable

Hi Nemah,

 

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums, though the ping and latency problems are disappointing news.

 

The BQM's are useful thanks an clearly illustrate the problem, I've run a few checks on your service from this end and can see that your SuperHubs downstream power levels are the problem, running to high.

 

We can sort this out, we'll just need to arrange for an engineer visit to get the hub checked and the levels adjusted, I'll drop you a Private Message so we can get this booked in for you.

 

Cheers

 

 

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules


0 Kudos
  • 707
  • 36
  • 123
StopItRawr
Rising star
136 Views
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable Superhub making games unplayable


Ralph_R wrote:

Hi Nemah,

 

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums, though the ping and latency problems are disappointing news.

 

The BQM's are useful thanks an clearly illustrate the problem, I've run a few checks on your service from this end and can see that your SuperHubs downstream power levels are the problem, running to high.

 

We can sort this out, we'll just need to arrange for an engineer visit to get the hub checked and the levels adjusted, I'll drop you a Private Message so we can get this booked in for you.

 

Cheers

 

 


With respect, that's not the issue here is it?

The BQM is a typical SH1 graph as evidenced by the large "steps" and the BQM suddenly changing upon a reboot. Not only does the power levels need fixing, but they need a SH2/ac that does not struggle as badly with being a router as well as a modem!

0 Kudos
  • 9.73K
  • 313
  • 839
legacy1
Hero
129 Views
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable Superhub making games unplayable


StopItRawr wrote:

The BQM is a typical SH1 graph as evidenced by the large "steps" and the BQM suddenly changing upon a reboot.


 That sometimes happens In router mode not in modem mode.

 

0 Kudos
  • 707
  • 36
  • 123
StopItRawr
Rising star
120 Views
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable Superhub making games unplayable


legacy1 wrote:

StopItRawr wrote:

The BQM is a typical SH1 graph as evidenced by the large "steps" and the BQM suddenly changing upon a reboot.


 That sometimes happens In router mode not in modem mode.

 


Indeed, I believe this OP is using the SH1 in router mode but I could be mistaken!

0 Kudos
  • 9.73K
  • 313
  • 839
legacy1
Hero
110 Views
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable Superhub making games unplayable


StopItRawr wrote:

legacy1 wrote:

StopItRawr wrote:

The BQM is a typical SH1 graph as evidenced by the large "steps" and the BQM suddenly changing upon a reboot.


 That sometimes happens In router mode not in modem mode.

 


Indeed, I believe this OP is using the SH1 in router mode but I could be mistaken!


All the super hubs in given modes have a signature you can spot sometimes but it would make things easier if they add on new post under subject a required box listing what you have and in what mode.Smiley Sad

 

 

0 Kudos