Menu
Elithia
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unstable Ping/ Freezes

Hello,

Over the last month I have noticed that my ping has been very unstable, even at off peak times - for example today from 10pm or so onwards I've been experiencing extremely high pings (League's in game ms monitor reporting me at about 100ms to 400, varying constantly), freezing in game too. It's taken me a good while to even get onto this site without getting a connection error. (Connection timed out)

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media Internet

In the month I have been noticing random spikes throughout the day regardless of time. Could somebody help me with this issue please? It's making everything virtually unplayable.

0 Kudos
Elithia
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable Ping/ Freezes

As i've accidentally pasted a real time graph, here's a few snapshots of the spikes

18th-19th December 

0 Kudos
Elithia
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Also getting a huge amount of T3 errors. Can somebody from Virgin Media please help me with this issue? This is very frustrating. Similar issues tonight, ping is everywhere.

T3Errors.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Elithia,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering so many lag issues throughout the day, the BQM looks pretty bad and I can only imagine how frustrating that must be right now.  I'll do what I can to help.

I've run some initial diagnostics on both the hub and the network segment.  At the moment everything looks good, your hubs power levels are in the normal range, there also haven't been any network issues reported recently.  One point to note, the network log you posted is duplicating a single T3 (look at the time stamp), the hub isn't reporting any timeouts over the past 3 days from what I can see.

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?  There seems to be an overall problem with the speed of the connection, so I'm keen to ensure we can rule out any mitigating factors.  Are you able to test in modem mode with a wired connection?  This will allow us to see if the problem lies with the connection arriving at the hub, or if the slowdown is happening elsewhere.

Let me know how you get on and we'll do what we can to help.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos