Menu
Jonhimself
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unplayable

Hi im getting massive lagg on quake live so bad no one wants to play against me and i cant hit difficult shots only vs noobies who dont move out the way. It was really smooth but around 8pm untill late its awful. Ibe tryed resetting the superhub but no luck. Please help im thinking of switching to bt who dont have traffic restrictions in the evenings. Thankyou

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unplayable

its not traffic restrictions. you are more then likely suffering the dreaded Over utilisation issue. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Jonhimself,

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering lag whilst playing Quake Live, are you noticing problems with any other games or services?

I've run some initial checks on the hub and network segment.  The hub looks OK in general although the upstream power levels are a touch high.  It does look like there's a network issue we're currently working on, our engineers are planning to undertake some broadband upgrades to support an increased demand for our services in your area.  When this work is completed, you'll notice that any slow speeds you suffer (especially during peak times) will be resolved.  This work is taking place under reference F003957459 and the current review date is 16/03/2016.

I'm going to send you a PM (purple envelope, top right) with a bit more info about that including details of how to claim for a loss of service credit whilst the work is ongoing.  

Speak soon, and welcome to the community, it's good to see a new face Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

its not traffic restrictions. you are more then likely suffering the dreaded Over utilisation issue. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Jonhimself,

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering lag whilst playing Quake Live, are you noticing problems with any other games or services?

I've run some initial checks on the hub and network segment.  The hub looks OK in general although the upstream power levels are a touch high.  It does look like there's a network issue we're currently working on, our engineers are planning to undertake some broadband upgrades to support an increased demand for our services in your area.  When this work is completed, you'll notice that any slow speeds you suffer (especially during peak times) will be resolved.  This work is taking place under reference F003957459 and the current review date is 16/03/2016.

I'm going to send you a PM (purple envelope, top right) with a bit more info about that including details of how to claim for a loss of service credit whilst the work is ongoing.  

Speak soon, and welcome to the community, it's good to see a new face Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Jonhimself
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes thankyou for your replies i have lagg on cs and on clash of clans i often get the bad connection logo thing. Also high ping on vain glory.

0 Kudos