Menu
robbo1987
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unplayable xbox one. constant high latency

ever since I got my xbox one it's felt like something wasn't right when playing online, it's getting to the point where It's just becoming unplayable and I'm a sitting duck.

I have the superhub with a 100mb connection. I've tried in modem mode and in router mode, wired and wireless and the results don't really differ. If I go on speedtest.com on laptop or xbox one using the ookla beta my ping will be anywhere from 8-20 ms with good upload and download speeds but when doing the xbox one test the latency is always 160-165 ms , nothing I've tried makes it better. looking around it seems like I'm not the only one, I've been with virgin a long time but online gaming is the main reason for me having broadband so it is getting a bit frustrating because the lag is really noticeable and it never seems to get any better regardless of what time of day it is.

does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not sure what else to try.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unplayable xbox one. constant high latency

Hi robbo1987,

Thanks for getting in touch, the in game latency issues are going to be a painSmiley Sad

I've run a few checks on your service from this end and can see a problem with your SuperHubs downstream power levels running too high, which I suspect is the problem here.

This shouldn't be to much of a problem to put right, we'll just need to book and engineer visit to get the levels checked and adjusted. I'll drop you Private Message so we can get this booked in for youSmiley Happy

Kind Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
killswitch013
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here lag makes gaming impossible , latency on xbox hits 290 sometimes.
0 Kudos
robbo1987
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

engineer came to adjust the levels but this hasn't made a blind bit of difference unfortunately.

0 Kudos
andy1up
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

From what you describe I am in the same situation my friend.

0 Kudos
killswitch013
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Play black ops 3 (well tried ) can't be the servers because it's the same with titanfall and other games , getting a bit tedious now.
0 Kudos