Menu
DeanBones
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unplayable lag most evenings (but not afternoons)

Hello Virgin support people,

I'm getting unplayable lag in all (PS4) games, but only in the evenings. Unfortunately this is generally when I'm in.

Having heard bad things about the older superhubs I'd hoped getting a new superhub when I upgraded to 150meg would resolve the issue.

Your online test told me "we're trying to sort it out for you" but following that and a reset the issue remains (and testing again results in the same message).

Can you please have a look?

0 Kudos
DeanBones
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unplayable lag most evenings (but not afternoons)

P.S: this is with a wired connection.
0 Kudos
DeanBones
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Bump! I spoke to a nice lady on the phone and she told me it's a capacity issue in the area that you're hoping to fix by mid April. This thinkbroadband graph looks exceptionally bad to me though, no? My Broadband Ping - Wonky Virgin Media
0 Kudos
DeanBones
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Downstream.pngUpstream.png

0 Kudos
DeanBones
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

BUMP!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi DeanBones

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing with slow speeds. I can imagine how frustrating this must be when playing online on your PS4.

I've run a few checks on your connection and I can see the fault ticket you mentioned for peak time contention which is under reference F003809165. The updates show that we are awaiting a date for a full CATC to go ahead. if you are able to bump the thread a little nearer to the review date which is 20/04/2016 we can certainly check the ticket for any updates. 

(A heads up) bumping a thread pushes it down the list and will take longer for a response as we work off of the date of the OP's last post.

Kind regards

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DeanBones
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hiya. "CATC" ? I assume that's a type of cable?

When you say "review date" what exactly does that mean? The lady I spoke to on the phone seemed to be implying it would pretty much definitely be sorted by then and "hopefully sooner". " Review" sounds considerably less certain. Clarity please!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi DeanBones,

Yes, CAT-C work indicates cable work taking place in the area.  The review date is provided as an estimation by our engineering team as to when there will be more information available on the progress of ongoing work.  They are currently working behind the scenes to get everything sorted, we won't know a firm fix date until we can see work scheduled, and that doesn't always indicate a fix, as it could only be part of the work that could be completed.  We'll keep an eye out and provide you with further updates once we have them.

I'm going to send you a PM (purple envelope, top right) with a bit more info on this and details of how you can claim a credit for the loss of service.  We'll keep you posted regarding further updates.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos