Menu
RossMc1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unavailable NAT Type: Xbox One

Ever since I phoned virgin media up about slow speeds during the evenings, they said they would "do something to improve connection on Xbox." However, the next day my nat type has changed to unavailable and I cannot join parties to speak to friends. When I gets my connection it says I cannot get a teredo IP address. I have tried enabling dmz, port forwarding, simple resets of the router and hard resets of the Xbox but nothing seems to fix it permanently. Every time I turn my Xbox off and on after getting an open nat it will change back to unavailable.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unavailable NAT Type: Xbox One

Try clearing the alternate MAC address

Settings > network > Advanced settings > Alternate mac address > Clear

Console should restart..

Test..

0 Kudos
elJambo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the exact same issue. Tried all the above as well and everything else. The only thing that works is by enabling modem mode which means you basically lose all wireless functionality. Seems to something Virgin or the router is doing.

0 Kudos
Jammo269
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am having exactly the same issue and it's only occurred in the last couple of days. I too tried all the troubleshooting steps and have also spoken quite a lot to the xbox support team. They're pretty confident it's a router issue. 

0 Kudos
elJambo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Over to you Virgin....

Forum is filling up with these posts, all related. 

Microsoft are saying it is a router issue. I've bought another router at my own expense and it has resolved the issue.....

0 Kudos
kyleozi99
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have a new router it was fine for the first few weeks but now it keeps disconnecting every 10 every minutes I was wondering if it could be an Xbox issue if that's possible?
0 Kudos
elJambo
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mines has been fine until recently too. Can only assume something in the latest firmware update is causing an issue?

0 Kudos