Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to stream games on Twitch/YT

Going to keep it short and sweet. 

Ping 14MS

DL 79MB

UP 12MB

How can I not stream a video game at a bitrate of 3300kb/s when my upload speed is quadruple the required. I even tried streaming after 8 pm when the traffic management is not active and I still drop 20% frames which is making streaming impossible.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to stream games on Twitch/YT

Hi JOEANDREW,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are having issues with streaming games via Twitch/YT.

Looking at the network, there is a fault reported in regards to high peak time traffic. This can cause slow speeds/latency issues during peak hours with a reference of F005071050.

Do you only notice this issue during these times or can it be at all times of the day?

I've also sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) to discuss this further.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
stormfury2
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to stream games on Twitch/YT

Hi Joe,

what program are you using to stream or are you using a tool such as Shadowplay from nVidia to stream to Twitch?

Without knowing your hardware setup too it's possible that this could be a factor for dropped frames, especially during CPU encoding of the video, which can be quite intensive if you're aiming to stream a 1080p game.

I've personally used Shadow play to stream 1080p content at a high bit rate to Twitch using VM as the ISP without any issue, I can test again tonight and post back here.

Needless to say if there is an area fault at peak times this won't help and could be the root of the issue.

0 Kudos