Menu
Chris_ampd
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Two xbox ones on the super hub 2, always being kicked and disconnected from games!

Hi,

A year and a half on from getting two xbox ones in the same house, using the super hub two, we are still getting kicking issues and nat problems. Has anyone got a working fix for this yet? Are these problems fixed with the Super Hub 3.0 or is it time to find a new ISP?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Two xbox ones on the super hub 2, always being kicked and disconnected from games!

Its time to find a router compatible with multiple Xbones..

Which is , in general a decent Asus flashed with DD-WRT

Some people have had luck with the Netgear WNR2000

All ISP provided routers have the same issue AFAIK

Just a note reference this common issue- Microshaft used to maintain a list of compatible routers. I certainly cant find it- but it only covered 1 Xbone LAN side, not multiple.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Two xbox ones on the super hub 2, always being kicked and disconnected from games!

With two identical consoles they will both be using the same ports, so you need a router that does a good job of managing UPNP in order to ensure the correct traffic goes to the correct console.  Unfortunately the VM hubs do not have a good reputation when it comes to UPNP, even the latest Hub 3.0.  The best solution is usually to get a third party router and put the hub into modem mode.

There are some suggestions for suitable routers on this Reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3yxtpp/best_router_and_modem_for_multiple_x1s/

Alternatively I believe some people have had success by putting one of their consoles in the DMZ and setting up port forwarding for the other one.

Changing ISP isn't guaranteed to help as most free ISP supplied routers are pretty basic models.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Kippies wrote:

Just a note reference this common issue- Microshaft used to maintain a list of compatible routers. I certainly cant find it- but it only covered 1 Xbone LAN side, not multiple.

There is a link on the Reddit thread I posted that points to a section of the Xbox forums where they list routers and mention if they can handle multiple consoles:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/networking-hardware/02-routers/default.aspx

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks SCA1972 Smiley Happy

I had that, just didn't dig deep enough into the threads Smiley Embarassed

you need to check the sticky for each router..DOH!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

On the DMZ and Port forwarding, Ive had two Xbones LAN side working using it. I'm a bit hesitant to recommend as a fix  it as  many come back and say it doesnt work. But its worth a try. Ive confirmed it on SH2AC and HUB3.

0 Kudos
Chris_ampd
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for your replies..

Hey Kippies, I figured a DD-WRT flashed router was still be the only working option..

SCA1972, I did try one of the xbones in the DMZ with the other using port forwarding in the past, but as I cannot connect both xbones on the lan side (which I believe they both need to be?), I couldn't get this to resolve the issues.

I think I have read elsewhere that someone had connected one xbone in the DMZ, and the other xbone was connected to a "bridged Connection" on a computer on the same network? Has anyone else heard of this solution before? I might give it a go, and post the results. It's a shame this has not been resolved with the superhub3??

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The evidence on the Xbox forums is that a DD-WRT flashed router is not the only option.  The router that I use for example is listed as supporting multiple consoles and while it can be flashed with DD-WRT there is no suggestion that it is necessary.  All that is necessary is a router that supports UPNP properly.

Sorry to hear that the DMZ & port forwarding combo didn't work for you, never had to try it myself as I have always used a third party router that just works with my PS3 & PS4 so I have had no need to mess around with that stuff.

There are quite a few disappointing things about the Hub 3.0, but the poor UPNP support was not a surprise to me.  As it has never been great with VM hubs I can only conclude that they don't class it as an important feature.

0 Kudos