Menu
dazndell
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Two Xbox Ones, 1 superhub 2, Nat Type Strict on both, wireless connection,

my sons have an xbox one each that are in their bedrooms on a wireless connection from superhub 2 router, everytime they go online they get nat type strict message, cant join online games or get kicked within minutes of being in a party, online game etc, been in contact with Microsoft and virgin to open port as settings kept saying NAT TYPE STRICT on both Xbox Ones etc and Microsoft gave each xbox a different ip address, had remote assistance from virgin tier tech 2 dept that took control of my laptop and did whatever in the superhub settings, on more than 2 occasions, I feel like banging my head up a brick wall ass my kids are so frustrated,  the kids are still getting kicked off when the nat type is set to open anyway so what is the deal ? For some reason the Xboxes have reverted back to NAT TYPE STRICT again and  when the technician was on the phone to me Friday evening he was even having problems on the remote access as he kept saying to me "ooh ive lost connection, oh no its back again " well this is whats happening when my kids get to go online, they'll be in a fifa game or COD then all of a sudden connection is lost for a few seconds, kicking my sons out of the game saying connection to server is lost, then itll go back online, the wifi range is really good in the one upstairs bedroom at 3 bars and my other sons room is 2 bars but have been told that's fine seen as its the furthest away from the router, having a wired connection is not an option, is there any other options out there for me please im desperate ? they can land a spacecraft on a comet phrase comes to mind

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
prnc92
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Two Xbox Ones, 1 superhub 2, Nat Type Strict on both, wireless connection,

I always have a open NAT on a wired connection. Have you tried a hard reset on your Xbox one by holding down the console on/off button for 10secs also I turn all the electrics off in my house for a couple of mins which seems to work most of the time.

Some more ideas, I know this problem is frustrating I had it a lot on my old superhub
0 Kudos
xnoddyx
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

-Press menu button the one with 3 lines on it then goto
-Settings
-Network
-Test multiplayer connection start test and press all the shoulder buttons at the same time. LT, LB, RT, RB
-Wait for the dots to appear as text
-Press A twice

will have to recheck this as it's been over 6 month since i last did this.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello dazndell

Welcome to the forum, sorry about the intermittent connection I will take a look.

The line and modem look good, all levels okay and modem reports being continuously online error free for the last 2 days.

The area utilisation is low and upstreams error free.

All in all looking good, this would tend to suggest wireless problems, possible interference? We have a guide here that may help, advise on channel changes etc.

Although that said we would always recommend wired for gaming, have you considered powerline adaptors?

Good luck, please keep us updated Smiley Happy

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
dazndell
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Xbox ones keep going back to strict. Even when connecting them to a wired connection. Seems there is a massive problem with virgin and Xbox one gaming. This needs to be addressed as soon as possible as it's getting beyond a joke now
0 Kudos
prnc92
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I always have a open NAT on a wired connection. Have you tried a hard reset on your Xbox one by holding down the console on/off button for 10secs also I turn all the electrics off in my house for a couple of mins which seems to work most of the time.

Some more ideas, I know this problem is frustrating I had it a lot on my old superhub
0 Kudos
Shreky2511
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm also experiencing the same problem I'm wired and my sons is wireless and mor often than not my NAT is strict whereas his is open. The main problem is we can't connect on multiplayer games and all the forum state port forwarding issues ummmmmm help
xnoddyx
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

-Press menu button the one with 3 lines on it then goto
-Settings
-Network
-Test multiplayer connection start test and press all the shoulder buttons at the same time. LT, LB, RT, RB
-Wait for the dots to appear as text
-Press A twice

will have to recheck this as it's been over 6 month since i last did this.

0 Kudos
dazndell
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Will try these options thanks. We purchased a netgear router as a customer service guy at tech support advised And To Call back once It had arrived As To help Set It Up To put superhub 2 into Modem mode Then Use The netgear Router. My god why do we always get the people that aren't tech support and start reading from a script to try solve the issues. Apparently the netgear isn't working !!!!! Now the 2 X boxes are moderately strict with issues and the 3rd X box one is strict with issues ????
0 Kudos
dazndell
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Purchased the power line adapters x
0 Kudos
prnc92
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You can only connect 1 device at a time with powerline adapters unless you buy 1 that supports router's, which I haven't seen many of and the 1 virgin media sell won't support routers.

In my house I just bought a 100m cat6 Ethernet cable and some electrical clips and run the wire round the top of my skirting. Think I spent about £20 all together and 30mins of a afternoon.

0 Kudos
wanderey2
Up to speed
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are the Xboxes using DHCP or IP addresses are set manually ? Port forwarding won't work if Xboxes are changing their IP addresses by getting them from DHCP of your router. 

What do you mean by saying that your Netgear router doesn't work ? Don't you have internet connection at all ?

0 Kudos