Menu
Aazzdos
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Twitch.tv Streaming Disconnects

Good evening,

After about a year of relative peace, the same issues of disconnecting while streaming to Twitch.tv through your ISP have resurfaced.  I want to emphasise that the issues are EXACTLY the same, and so provide a link to last year's post for reference: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Twitch-Stream-Constantly-Disconnects/td-p/2973886

Last year when this happened it was a case of 'blackporting' in my area that would completely kill all connections for a few seconds.  Only you would know if it's the same problem again or not.  Mere fluctuations would be acceptable and are to be expected, but outright terminations of service several times every evening is beyond ridiculous.  I will not tolerate it yet again for the amount that I am paying for this service.

I have no intentions of repeating the process of last year, which was months upon months of jumping through hoops to misdirect blame and stall me while I continued paying for a service that wasn't delivering.  To that end I'm going to provide as much information as I possibly can in this initial post.

Streams begin between 4pm and 6pm, and last until between 10pm and midnight.  After 30 minutes in, the disconnections begin at completely random times, sometimes stable for a good two hours but sometimes dropping within a few minutes.  The process repeats itself indefinitely until I give up for the night.  Last year it was suspected to be throttling of sorts, but your staff at the time disproved that.

I've already gone through all the usual motions to save wasting both of our times.  Resetting the router, double 'hard' resetting the router, checking cables, making sure my hardware and software are functional, etc.  As it's absolutely my internet that cuts out briefly (which can be easily tested and noticed) then the problem logically cannot be with Twitch themselves either.  I use strictly wired internet and never wireless.

Where do we go from here?  I'm a full-time streamer and every evening that passes is absolutely disastrous to my channel.

If you require further information from me or have suggestions that haven't already been listed here as tried, then please let me know as I need to resolve this as soon as possible.

Regards,

-Aazzdos

0 Kudos
Aazzdos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Twitch.tv Streaming Disconnects

Posting this in the 'Speed' section as the disconnects aren't specific to gaming only.

0 Kudos