Menu
wytchlight
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Twitch app

Hi Whomever it may concern,

Quick background I play MMO's, I watch YouTube vod's, I occasionally stream and watch a lot of Twitch live.

I found early on the YouTube app on Tivo and have been watching vod's for a while now, however I was wondering why you don't have a Twitch app (I can watch it on my PC and my android phone using your broadband). It may be a legal issue, but I can't see how it would be a technical problem. YT has a huge following on many subjects (anything and everything) as does Twitch (gaming related), I don't know how popular the YT app on Tivo is but could Twitch be any less popular?

I don't expect a quick response and continue to watch Twitch on my PC, but I would like to be able to sit in front of my TV and switch on to e-sports and gamers playing my favourite games.

Thanks for your time.

Wytchlight - customer and gamer

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Nex
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Twitch app

Mmh,

To be fair, twitch doesn't have that huge a following (when we're comparing it to for example YT or Netflix). I watch twitch myself on a regular basis, however, there is a point where they have to stop.

If the make an app for twitch, then someone else will say "well, why not amazon instant video (although this is a very valid point, I would like this), why not hulu, why not xyz".

The average gamer who watches twitch on a semi-regular basis will more than likely have a compatible console from which to load up streams from. I say more than likely, not guaranteed, so please don't shoot me down if you don't. Failing that, doing what I did and when I cobbled together a bunch of old PC parts and have a PC sat next to the telly which I can use for twitch/steam game streaming etc from the gaming PC upstairs.

Yes, it's a valid point, but it's probably down to partnerships and catering to the masses instead of catering to the few.

Random signature here... I'll get back to this some day!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Nex
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Twitch app

Mmh,

To be fair, twitch doesn't have that huge a following (when we're comparing it to for example YT or Netflix). I watch twitch myself on a regular basis, however, there is a point where they have to stop.

If the make an app for twitch, then someone else will say "well, why not amazon instant video (although this is a very valid point, I would like this), why not hulu, why not xyz".

The average gamer who watches twitch on a semi-regular basis will more than likely have a compatible console from which to load up streams from. I say more than likely, not guaranteed, so please don't shoot me down if you don't. Failing that, doing what I did and when I cobbled together a bunch of old PC parts and have a PC sat next to the telly which I can use for twitch/steam game streaming etc from the gaming PC upstairs.

Yes, it's a valid point, but it's probably down to partnerships and catering to the masses instead of catering to the few.

Random signature here... I'll get back to this some day!
0 Kudos