Menu
BroEpic
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Twitch Streaming Issues

Hi,

I am struggling to stream on Twitch.

I have 5MB/s Upload Speed. I have my encoding on my broadcasting software set to 1500Kb/s which a 5Mb/s upload speed can definitely handle for sure. 

However, I stream for about 5 minutes and then my internet connection goes to pot. 

I loose connection to my stream, ping goes ridiculously high. 

I have done a pingtest and I get a F* rating everytime I run the test using different servers. This is rated as an awful ISP. 

I haven't had issues with VM until now. Seems to be a common problem with VM and trying to stream video games. 

What's going on? Anyway around this? 

Thanks,

Danny 

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Twitch Streaming Issues

It's not just streaming to Twitch, but also watching streams...

Majide!
0 Kudos
BroEpic
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah you're right.

I don't remember ever having a problem watching streams though. 

But recently it's been awful.

I read about the VM Threshold which is outrageous. Why limit someone when they are paying for a certain amount?

I'm using 1600kb/s for the stream with a 5GB upload.. there should be 0 issues with this, but due to threshold and general rubbishness from VM it isn't possible to do.

I would leave if my Dad didn't work for them. Can't exactly ask to change ISP when he works for them can I -.-

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I would.

LOL

If you make money from subs on Twitch or donations, you have to weigh out is it worth keeping the free services or pay for something that is better with no traffic management on upstream.

Majide!
0 Kudos
BroEpic
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Alot of ppl go to BT I think but pretty sure they have traffic management too.
0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not sure, as Sky have no management on their lines, only usage caps on the lite versions of Broadband and Fiber. The unlimited versions do not.

And since Sky's lines are provided by BT.

So in that logic ... they don't also.

EDIT:

Taken from their site - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47278/~/traffic-management

"BT is very proud to say that none of our broadband packages have any speed restrictions at all. This even includes our older broadband packages which may have had speed restrictions in the past. So, if you're on any of our packages, you don't need to worry about us slowing you down, no matter how much you upload or download, even at peak times."

Majide!
0 Kudos