Menu
Prso9
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Turtle Beach XP400

Hi,

I have a set of Turtle Beach XP400's and for sometime now people have been telling me that there is a lot of crackling coming from them, however I can't hear it.

Being new to this, I am going to ask what will seem to some people, stupid questions!

They work on a dual band transmitter, which I presume connect to my wifi router, if I log into my router settings should I be able to see the transmitter listed and can I give the transmitter it's 'own' settings ie a particular channel and only work on the 5ghz band?

I've now resorted to a pair of wired headphones in the meantime, but would love to get back to my wireless headphones.

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Turtle Beach XP400

Prso9 wrote:

Hi,

I have a set of Turtle Beach XP400's and for sometime now people have been telling me that there is a lot of crackling coming from them, however I can't hear it.

Being new to this, I am going to ask what will seem to some people, stupid questions!

They work on a dual band transmitter, which I presume connect to my wifi router, if I log into my router settings should I be able to see the transmitter listed and can I give the transmitter it's 'own' settings ie a particular channel and only work on the 5ghz band?

I've now resorted to a pair of wired headphones in the meantime, but would love to get back to my wireless headphones.

Your headphones don't connect to your router, they connect to the little wireless adapter that came with them so changing settings on your router isn't going to change anything, if they are still fairly new i would just RMA them

0 Kudos