Menu
Waynes87
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Trouble with Online gaming on PS4

Hi,

Recently had virgin installed last week and since then experienced bothing but lagout and disconnecting from games/servers. I have give my PS4 a static ip and opened the required ports 80, 443, 935 and 3478-3480.

I constantly disconnect from game servers after playing a game i.e. Fifa 16, metal gear solid online (cant even connect to this server).

I run a network test and at times im gettin between 8-20mb... I am paying for 100mb (i no i wont recieve 100) and would think i would be getting something better than this. Also sometimes it cant even complete a network test. I also have an xbox one and suffer no issues.

Is there anything else i can do to get a better connection?

On the first day it was installed and you have to activate it the web page crashed during it rebooting. I restarted the web page and it loaded msn.com as usual. Was wondering if it hasnt activated properly due to crashing or something.

Help me please.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Awais61
Joining in
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trouble with Online gaming on PS4

I've been receiving this problem for quite some time. Fifa 14,15,16 all laggy games and lag outs. Also COD, GTA. Can't even connect sometimes. And now I haven't been able to even connect to psn for about WEEK now!! When I connect through my mobile hotspot it works fine...?
0 Kudos
Waynes87
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Its definatly virgin or their super hubs. Never had this problem 2 weeks ago with sky.

0 Kudos
Awais61
Joining in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Yep, my friends are on sky and they're all online!!
0 Kudos
Waynes87
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Surely there is a fix for this.
0 Kudos
bluebottle
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Have been having the same problem.  Was trying to play the Star Wars Battlefront beta on PS4, but was rubberbanding all over the place and losing the server connection.  I Switched the Superhub to modem mode and tried and it was fine, no lag at all.  So it would suggest there may be a router issue, but need to see how it performs now it's been switched back.

0 Kudos
Waynes87
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Do you think maybe buying a new router and using the super hub 2 in modem mode? Or would this not work? Thinking of giving it ago...
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Waynes87

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you are experiencing with your PS4 connection. I've run a few checks and everything looks healthy, there are no problems showing with your hub or network segment. Is your PS4 connected wired or wireless?

Can you try a speed test with the hub in modem mode and your PC in safe mode with networking and let me know what results you are getting? 

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Waynes87
Joining in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ty_s

Thanks for the reply. To be honest i have got psn working now by changing a few settings and things but now i am suffering from a high ping. I am getting around 160-170ms on average.

I am running an tp-link wi-fi and wired booster from downstairs to upstairs. I am averaging around 60-70mb download speed through that but the ping is again high. This is both on a ps4 and xbox one.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Waynes87

Thanks for getting back to me. Good to hear PSN is working again for you.

Have you be able to connect your PS4 or Xbox one through an ethernet connection to see if this makes any difference? Everything is looking ok when double checking your hub and network segment. 

Thanks 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos