Menu
Maestro
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Traffic management

I've recently noticed my speeds keep dropping well below average inc the upload. After getting in touch with Virgin they sent an engineer out. Who just adjusted the power levels. But he also checked with their office to see if there was any issues locally. He also got told something every other Virgin staff failed to mention to me. I was traffic managed.

Turns out the days in question are the dates i was having speed issues which are the days I've been playing on the XBOX.

Clearly you can no longer game for few hours without having ur upload speeds reduced to sweet FA. I genuinely think it's pathetic that in an age where we upload stuff to the cloud and play online games (which rely on ur upload speeds) Virgin would traffic manage it. Even though it's upload speeds is pathetic as it is for 200mbps connection.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Traffic management

Do you stream your game play from the console? If you're just gaming normally without streaming your play for others' to see then you shouldn't ever remotely even come close to the TM upload limits.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Maestro
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Traffic management

I don't stream. And oblong gaming like cod or eso isn't about downloads. It's all to do with ur upload speeds!!
0 Kudos