Menu
And_then_some
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Throttling my upload + package upgrade

Ok so i have 100mb download and 6mb upload and everyone knows virgins upload speed is bad regardless compared to any other isp,Now i'm a twitch streamer and i keep getting my upload speed throttled to the point i have to cut off mid stream. Thats unacceptable by any means if you ask me but i would like to upgrade my package because of this,i would use another isp but its all the hassle of the install i cant be dealing with right now.But you guys have took off the ability to upgrade online can someone do it for me on here please because i refuse to phone you as everytime i get through after a long wait i struggle to understand the person on the other end of the phone as 9/10 they are not english and cant speak it very well,no disrespect to them but that's how it is.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Throttling my upload + package upgrade

you can upgrade online but the best deals are by ringing retentions - they are UK based - ok you might get a Scottish accent but thats better than offshore  Smiley Very Happy - you may find they can offer a better deal than you have now at a lower price as they can offer loyalty discounts - doing it online you will not get thats - so

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
And_then_some
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I dont mind the scottish accent lol its a good accent i can understand them ,and when i try to upgrade online it says you cant and you have to ring em

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

go through it with them - if you are out of contract many things are possible - they will do their best to give you a good deal

Tony
scotslass44
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys just wanted to say I called the team this morning and got upgraded to the new Vivid200 guy I spoke with was great he said he would do it straight away.....which he did!! Have to say I cannot fault the download speed but any news on when they are going to increase our upload?? I've now got over 200mbps with 12mbps upload which for gaming isn't ideal. Seems other companies are giving less download but a more reasonable upload?? Have been with VM 13yrs and although I've had my fallouts with them I wouldn't go with any others just wish they would increase the upload I think with their technology to offer speeds like we are getting g their next upgrade should be the upload I for one would like to say a MASSIVE Well done and Thank you for the new upgrade and keep up the good work guys!!
0 Kudos
scotslass44
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Glad you like our Scottish accent!!😂😂
0 Kudos
scotslass44
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

And_then_some best time to call is you can is during the day you may get one off us lovely Scots to take your call😂😂only time I find I get the offshore team is after 6pm!! I have to say I avoid calking unless its an extreme issue but perseverance pays off and they will upgrade you while your on the phone👍👍
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

scotslass44 wrote:
Glad you like our Scottish accent!!😂😂

Sorry, could you say that again?

Smiley WinkSmiley WinkSmiley Wink