Menu
chamelious
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This forum is FULL of complaints about VM+Xbox and NO solutions.

What can be done? I'm guessing i'm not the only one that finds this service unacceptable and the support utterly atrocious. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: This forum is FULL of complaints about VM+Xbox and NO solutions.

Buy a router off the Xbone compatible list, stick your HUB in modem mode and bill it to Microsoft for launching an IPV6 console in an IPV4 market.

0 Kudos
chamelious
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hilariously, i have tethered my xbox to my phone and am able to game perfectly on it.

Laughable. 

chamelious
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Xbone worked perfectly well with terrible talktalk router, and with 2 different sky routers, and even tethered to my mobile phone.

Virgin are the problem.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Xbone works with my HUB3 which you say you have. It also works with SH2 with  lots of persuasion, and SHAC with a little persuasion.

0 Kudos
chamelious
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm not claiming its not possible for the xbone to work with virgin gear obviously, just that MY virgin gear or connection is the cause of my issues, and virgin have been very unhelpful about it. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

VM are not under any obligation to support LAN side devices. Think about it - how many devices could you decide to connect to your router? thousands? tens of thousands? millions possibly? LOL not all at once, obviously. How would VM support all those?

Their job is to ensure your WAN side connection is working. If yours is, and you are getting decent speeds without dropouts, jobs a good un.

Thats why here exists. For in the main, customers helping other customers by sharing their experience. Staff pick up issues when needed. A staff reply normally takes around 48hrs (during the working week) and longer in many cases. They've been moved around and replies are slower ATM.

Take a breath, settle, go to your original thread and follow the advice given if you want to have a level chance of sorting the issue out. Or as I mentioned above, Microsoft are well aware there are issues with Xbone and most routers so have produced a "compatible" list. A router off that list and your HUB in modem mode is  a guaranteed fix...

chamelious
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've tried literally EVERYTHING except a new router at this point, to be honest i wouldn't be as bothered if something i'd tried had worked. 

The nail in the coffin of my frustration was the xbone working flawlessly with my phone. 

Its just been a very frustrating day

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I feels ya, nothing worse than trying to get online and things going pear shaped..The only thing is I really don't think a replacement HUB3 is going to do any good.

Do you know off the top of your head what the spec of your network cable is? Should be screen printed along it...

0 Kudos
chamelious
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Cat 6 or 7.

I'm experimenting with using the HUb3's wireless in an attempt to rule out cable problems, to be honest the results so far look promising only had one dropout and it wasn't catastrophic. 

0 Kudos