Menu
Suauk123
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Terrible latency FIFA 17

Hi,
I'm having issues when playing Fifa17. I have clear latency issues, it takes a second to register that I've pressed a button making gaming impossible.
My set up is SH3 in modem mode with a Netgear R8000 as the router. I always game with a wired connection so WiFi is definitely not the cause here. I've opened the ports required for ps4 and FIFA 17. I've also tried over router mode.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
bambamboyo
Up to speed
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible latency FIFA 17

0 Kudos
Suauk123
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yep I've heard about that, I want to be able to show VM tech support that I've tried everything and see if they'll give me a superhub 2ac
So if I've missed anything obvious please let me know
Thanks
0 Kudos
Nejones1981
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Shock look another virgin media customer who cannot play FIFA , such a joke of a company with their tin pot routing. 

0 Kudos
Nejones1981
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Oh and I have a superhub 2 ac , the hub isn't the issue here . My players are slow u responsive 3 second button delay , it's a joke . It the routing . My friends and uncle are on different ISP on slower speeds then me and the game is great on their connections. 

0 Kudos
Roxorek
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I got hub 2 ac too. Fifa unplayable.
0 Kudos
Suauk123
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My issue is with spikes of lag, sometimes I have lag free 45 minutes of a match or so. Then it just spikes and becomes unplayable, leads me to believe my issue is at least related to the SH3 chipset issue
0 Kudos
Jacob1917
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Its just a terrible company who never care about their customers experience with their trash connection, I'm experiencing the same thing yet they say "it is not a big issue therefore we cannot do much about it". Such a retarded response when you're paying for persumably a good connection.

0 Kudos
Suauk123
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If that's truly what they're saying then I think you should ask them for a letter of deadlock and refer it to ombudsman.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/alternative-dispute-resolution/settling-out-of-court/comp...

I've found in the past that this gets companies moving when they initially refuse to budge
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Get them to do a tracert so we can compare there routing.
--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos