Menu
BrandonStones
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Terrible LAG Spikes

Hello, I am on the Virgin media vivid gamer 200 package. I am experiencing spikes of very high ping and lots of packet loss. This is a recurring issue. We previously had the hub 3.0 because of bad spikes and downgraded to the superhub 2ac and used it in modem mode to make it a little better but the problems are still happening. I rang up and the man on the phone said its a congestion problem, which I shouldn't be having anyway because of my package. & an engineer is coming round between 8-12 tomorrow. But even when my internet is at is best it still has these problems which is very frustrating as I am a professional gamer and it is my livelihood.

Please can somebody help, my account number is ******** and area is 14

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post your account number in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible LAG Spikes

If they are telling you its congestion, its congestion. Usually referred to as overutilisation.

Its irrelevent which package you are on, your connection will slow down at peak times, with increasing latency.

What is ping and speed like outside of peak hours?

BrandonStones
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well it's literally unplayable, I'm even getting disconnected from games and it's impossible to play online with the spikes. My internet goes is anything from 30mb-180 outside peak times. It's still not acceptable to have these spikes constantly even during peak times
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Then you have two options

• Wait for the overutilisation fault to be fixed (could take a long time. Think years, not weeks or months)
  • Leave

0 Kudos