Menu
Ricky2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

TO ALL THINKING ABOUT GOING TO VM..

right, this is a rant... and a rant that needs to be seen by the tech team at VM... maybe it will get deleted but I can assure you this is only 1 of the many forums this will be posted at...

TO ANYONE THINKING ABOUT GOING WITH VM FOR GAMING... DO NOT!!!!!

gaming on VM is quite pathetic. let me put it this way, I know more than the 2nd line team do, who may I add have given me bogus information for the past 4 months... 

a SIMPLE fix that would fix this whole issue would be to re-route through their IP path OR update/change their routers firmware... 

whatever moron thinks it's clever blocking specific clients due to the firmware thinking it is an illegal download is in need of a redudency letter..

Things you may suffer from having VM:-

1.VERY, VERY VERY high amount of ping, normally you would be sitting on about 30ms but in a second that can change to 2000 and make it physically unable to run games like call of duty, World of tanks, World of Warcraft and many others.

2. constant disconnecting where you will completely thrown from the game and have to restart the application.

people may say "this is what happens when you play during peak hours" or "you should never game on wirless internet" well.. I am hard wired into my router and the time now is 2:05am and have been disconnected 5 times in the past 15 mins and have had to physically stop playing. 

what is peak time nowadays? everyone uses the internet at all times of the day so there is no such thing as peak.. even if there was... it;s pathetic seeing as VM advertise themselves as "the best gaming ISP out there"

basically folks, if you are thinking about going to VM then I HIGHLY recommend you DO NOT!

I have actually been able to get an early disconnection FREE OF CHARGE due to this issue.

if they cannot fix it, which they cant as I have the tech team on telephone recording saying they cant then you are untitled to a free disconnection... 

May I also add, they did not offer any refund/compensation for this issue even though the internet was not fully functional. 

PATHETIC in 2016.... look at this picture below and you can see for yourself a disgusting round trip to a server in NL..

ping test2 -t.png

RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: TO ALL THINKING ABOUT GOING TO VM..

Thanks for the info. But I have to disagree.

I have been with VM for a number of years now, and all is Great, Speed and Latency work for me.
I game on PC, PS4 and have no problems.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Paul_Smith
Superfast
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hope I'm not tempting fate here (touch wood) I play regularly like most days online and personally I have no problem's with VM I'm on the PC and have done for a few year's now.
0 Kudos
steviegers
Tuning in
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I've been with virgin for a number of years and my gaming is fine. I see this a lot on forums stay away from virgin etc etc. I just don't seem to get the problems others speak of😀

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Flawless gaming here also, as well as flawless connection performance in general. Never had slow speeds, etc.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

No issues here gaming on my Xbox360, Xbox One or Playstation 3. Lots of Call of Duty Black Ops 1, 2 and 3 matches won over my VM connection.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Ricky2
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

to me it sounds like you are all people that either are being paid to say this to protect your VM ISP or you are not experiencing the same issues I am...

I can confirm there are 14 other people I know on VM in my area that have this same issue.. once literally lives in the next town from me. 

regardless if you all have "good connection" or not, this is still an issue...

P.S one thing I have noticed from all of your comments that makes me think you are all part of VM is the fact you mentioned "speeds are fine". this is exactly what I get when on the phone to tech support but I have said over 20 times THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH INTERNET SPEED...

the fact that VM are trying to deny/cover this whole situation up is disgusting... 

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I wish I was being paid to say GOOD things about VM. But VM I am open to offers.

In the past if things was bad I would say so, but all is Good for me.

A lot depends on the area you are in, Lucky I am in a Good Area.

And also you setup. I for one prefer to be in Modem Mode, with my own router.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Ricky2
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Even in modem mode it's playing up. I took my PC to a friends house on sky Internet and no issues.

Hate to say it but there are over 40 pages of posts with this exact same issue not to mention I have a tech vm support on recorded telephone communications saying it's been an issue for several years.

This is mainly an issue with WOW and WOT. So yes in my eyes they are advertising a fully operational service and yet it's not fully operational.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I think my TBB graphs say it all. (the SH2AC one i use for gaming) Looks fine to me http://www.tony-server.uk 

And no i am NOT part of or work for VM. I am a customer just like you.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos