Menu
remmelas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Superhub Firmware / Gaming Disconnection error...

Hi VM,

Over the last few weeks gaming in general on my connection has been an absolute nightware.

Constant disconnections that are seemingly fixed (from other posts) by using modem mode and a second (own bought) router instead of my Superhub.

I cannot find an official VM post about this being an actual fix, (or that there is an acknoleged problem with Superhubs) can you please confirm if this is indeed what I need to do to play Warcraft longer than 10 mintes without a disconnection?

This is really starting to get annoying, and it seems there is some reluctance to admit there is anything wrong.

Can you therefore please confirm if there are any plans to release a new firmware to fix the superhub issues (assuming there is one) or wether I do indeed need to buy a second router to play a game I pay a subscription for.

Thanks,

legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub Firmware / Gaming Disconnection error...

You can connect your PC to the modem mode port to see how it goes then choose to get a router or not.
0 Kudos
remmelas
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Legacy1,

Thanks for replying...I understand that modem mode indeed works, the wow forums are full of people telling me this is the only way to play without a disconnection at the moment.

I'm also happy that its a fix, however I don't have a spare router to hand to try.

Ideally, i'd like VM to tell me if this is a known issue and is planned to be fixed soon or wether they have plans to fix it imminently so I can save the cash on buying a new router. At current I havent seen anything officially stating the superhub actually has a problem....

I'd hate to buy a new router, set it all up, then VM fix the issue with the hub (assunming there is one) 1 day later Smiley Tongue

Regards,

0 Kudos
Wonlee
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree I have been waiting for someone from VM to come up with fix for the Super-hubs instead of put it in Modem mode and do a trace-route.

0 Kudos
CSMacDonald
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Basically we have no idea what Virgin Media are doing because they have been deathly silent about this issue. It took a lot of effort just to get them to investigate the issue, for a while they even denied it was anything to do with them. 

0 Kudos
remmelas
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi CSMacDonald,

Glad to hear at least its being actively investigated. I still maintain VM should say so in no uncertain terms somewhere if this is indeed the case. A sticky post to say its being looked at or something similar would have really helped.

I fail to see whats so negative about saying a firmware might / might not have a problem aswell.

Technical problems arise all the time. I'd rather have all the information about a problem than none.

I guess i'll hold off buying a router for now then...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi remmelas and everyone else on the thread.

We are investigating certain gaming issues that may be related to a recent firmware upgrade. This is still ongoing and when we have some more information we will let you all know.

The symptoms described were disconnections so if your issue is lag etc it's worth starting your own thread so that we can investigate this individually for you all.

@remmelas I'm unable to locate your details so I'm going to send you a private message to get this issue looked into. (Red envelope, top left hand corner)

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have been in Modem mode for 3 Years.

In that time, the ONLY problems I have had are when there are AREA Faults.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos