Menu
Robertdundee
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3 gaming issues

I've had the superhub 3 since last autumn after my 2ac gave up the ghost. Why is it that everyone knows of the issues with the intel puma 6 chip yet virgin media still fail to aknowledge it? Virgin prices keep rising yet existing customers are neglected time and time again. My TiVo box takes a full 30 seconds to navigate between menus...no fault. Games I played fine before are now unplayable due to lag issues...no fault. I'm paying virgin monthly for the internet alone as TV isn't that important to me but I can no longer use it as intended and the customer support say that's not their problem?
0 Kudos
stormfury2
Superfast
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3 gaming issues

Unfortunately Robert, you're not alone. It seems because there is a monopoly in the cable sector in that VM is the only provider, they have stranglehold and because not everyone can get acceptable ADSL/VDSL connections they're forced to use the only alternative.

Another issue is that VM don't make it easy to use third party cable modems on their network, even sourcing them in the UK is difficult and the majority that you can get are imported.

The TiVo box is pretty shocking, the V6 box is much better but again, you'll pay for this.

If you can't get a SH2ac I would keep making noises and start a formal complaints procedure to see if anything can be rectified and if not I can only suggest you look at moving away from VM as it seems they cannot provide you with a good level of service.

0 Kudos