Menu
Nejones1981
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2ac modem mode

hi guys I would appreciate a little advice regarding using another router and using my superhub 2 ad in modem mode.  

I have a 200mb connection yet my gaming experience is unplayable especially on FIFA 17.  Does anyone use another router and can let me know if it's a viable option or will it make no difference at all ? 

0 Kudos
bambamboyo
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2ac modem mode

I would suggest just connecting up the console via an Ethernet cable to the hub first and also try in modem mode on the hub. If this doesn't improve it then adding a new router won't help either.
0 Kudos
Nejones1981
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I tried this but it wasn't much help , I was just thinking if qos settings would help . 

I jst checked upstream on router status and I have 9000 t3 time outs ranging response , so this might have something to do with my awful connection .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

A lot of T3 errors doesn't sound good, posting a full set of hub stats might allow us to help you.

If you go to http://192.168.0.1/ (or http://192.168.100.1/ if you are in modem mode) to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. Be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP in the log to protect your privacy.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take 7-10 days) and run checks on your line.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Nejones1981
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply Smiley Happy an engineer is booked for Wednesday so I will see how it is after that . I don't expect a fix to be honest .

SCA1972 wrote:

A lot of T3 errors doesn't sound good, posting a full set of hub stats might allow us to help you.

If you go to http://192.168.0.1/ (or http://192.168.100.1/ if you are in modem mode) to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. Be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP in the log to protect your privacy.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take 7-10 days) and run checks on your line.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

SCA1972 wrote:

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I use the ASUS RT-N66U and its Fantastic...

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
wing
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Red Gooner,

At the moment I am on 50 Mb using the Superhub 2 in modem mode with the Asus RT-N66U. I connect  wirelessly.  Would using the Superhub 2AC in modem mode with the Asus RT-N66U  makes both the wired and wireless connection even better ?. 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

wing wrote:

At the moment I am on 50 Mb using the Superhub 2 in modem mode with the Asus RT-N66U. I connect  wirelessly.  Would using the Superhub 2AC in modem mode with the Asus RT-N66U  makes both the wired and wireless connection even better ?. 

No why would you think that your wireless is from the Asus

0 Kudos