Menu
Dark360
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2ac Rebooting

Over the last few months i have been having issues with my Broadband connection dropping out.

I used to have Superhub 1 and this didn't happen, but my Power Level on the Downstream were spiking during peak time over the 10dBvM and rebooting my Superhub to gain a stable connection.

I had an engineer replace the Superhub and provide a 10dBvM Attenuator, which stopped the spikes as such stopping the reboots.

Not longer after this I got a Superhub 2ac for the trouble.

Now all was fine until the 200mb was announced then the reboots started again.

An engineer came out on Friday and said that the new Superhub was broken as I was getting alot of Pre/Post RS Errors and also replace the 10dBvM Attenuator with a 8dBvM Equaliser.

I have a syslog server running on one of my PC's and just before the reboots of the Superhub occur i get the following:

DHCP - Client release IP XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX from 62.253.131.111 (which resovles to know-dhcp-11-1a.server.virginmedia.net)

DHCP - Client performing DHCP renew

DHCP - Client send DISCOVER

So does this mean that my router (DLINK DIR-850L) is requesting a renew of the IP it is getting from Modem or the Modem to VM's DHCP server.

I have my Superhub set to Modem Mode.

The reboots occur even if the Superhub is used on its own as a Router.

Information.pngDownstream.pngLog.pngOperation Config.pngUpstream Burst.pngUpstream.png

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub 2ac Rebooting

I would need a dump of ports 67 and 68 on the WAN when it happens to analyse if needed you can use a PC to the modem mode to do this with Wireshark.

Are the drop outs at set time intervals?

0 Kudos

All Replies
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I would need a dump of ports 67 and 68 on the WAN when it happens to analyse if needed you can use a PC to the modem mode to do this with Wireshark.

Are the drop outs at set time intervals?

0 Kudos
Dark360
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

OK Thanks.

Before the engineering replaced the Superhub I noted that it was every 24/48 Hours.

I will take a look at doing the Wireshark ASAP, but currently waiting for a new CPU for my PC today.
0 Kudos