Menu
Message 1 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2 and Xbox one wireless issues.

Hi everyone.

As some of you are aware there are some strange goings on between the Superhub 2 and Xbox one over wireless.

We'd like to get as much information as possible to help get this sorted out as quickly as we can.

Just to reassure anyone concerned this is Xbox One and Superhub 2 specific, when connecting over wireless. Although it's not necessarily impacting everyone under these conditions making it harder to pinpoint the exact cause.  We're working closely with the team at Xbox to ensure we resolve this issue fully.   

Could anybody receiving drop outs between these two devices reply to this thread with the following information:
What Wireless frequency is the Xbox connected to:
How often do these drop outs occur:
What games does the drop out happen on:
Does Netflix/Bbc iPlayer work immediately after being disconnected:
Do any other devices on the network disconnect at the same time:
Have you tried a factory reset of the Hub:

Could you all also enable WAN Ping respond on your hubs.
To do this head to your hubs config pages on 192.168.0.1, sign in, then head to Advanced Settings. Scroll down to Tools and Ping. There is a Tick box at the bottom for enable WAN Ping respond. Tick this and click Apply.

Thank you all for your patience so far.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2 and Xbox one wireless issues.

Hi John,

Curious as to why the WAN ping needs enabling?

Cheers,
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
AdKelly89
Joining in
Message 3 of 94
Flag for a moderator

What Wireless frequency is the Xbox connected to: 5Ghz but have issues on the other frequency too

How often do these drop outs occur: it varies, sometimes it's once every time I play a game online or I can play several without disruption.

What games does the drop out happen on: Mainly CoD Ghosts but happens on FIFA 14 aswell

Does Netflix/Bbc iPlayer work immediately after being disconnected: Don't really use either so haven't been able to test this.

Do any other devices on the network disconnect at the same time: I would say only the xbox is affected but the connection only seems to drop for literally a second but it's enough to be booted from the game.

Have you tried a factory reset of the Hub: I haven't tried a factory reset yet. 
0 Kudos
Skampyy
Joining in
Message 4 of 94
Flag for a moderator

What Wireless frequency is the Xbox connected to: 5GHZ
How often do these drop outs occur: Every 5 minutes whilst playing online.
What games does the drop out happen on: FIFA 14
Does Netflix/Bbc iPlayer work immediately after being disconnected: Yes. It even reconnects me back to the games online servers straight away.
Do any other devices on the network disconnect at the same time: No
Have you tried a factory reset of the Hub: No

WAN Ping respond is enabled. 
0 Kudos
dcookster
Superfast
Message 5 of 94
Flag for a moderator

John what about |Strict NAT issues is that being looked into?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 94
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the responses so far everyone.

Gary the WAN ping being enabled is so we can run some tests from our end. 

Dcookster, this is a totally separate issue. NAT restrictions tend to be down to individual users and their set up. 

Keep posting your details everyone! We need as many examples as we can get.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

sonydan2k13
Tuning in
Message 7 of 94
Flag for a moderator

sorry I do not believe that if you use a bt hub or talk talk router the nat type is open all the time but when using the super hub 2 it is ever strict or moderate so yes this is to do with the hub not individual peoples set-ups
0 Kudos
benpedley
Joining in
Message 8 of 94
Flag for a moderator

What Wireless frequency is the Xbox connected to: 5GHz

How often do these drop outs occur: In every single online multiplayer match since installation.

What games does the drop out happen on: Call of Duty Ghosts

Does Netflix/Bbc iPlayer work immediately after being disconnected: Yes

Do any other devices on the network disconnect at the same time: No

Have you tried a factory reset of the Hub: Yes

I am only experiencing issues when playing Call of Duty Ghosts, every match kicks me back to the main menu and says "you need an active connection to the network to play online"

I dont lose connection to xbox live, my Internet works fine on everything else including games such as Titanfall and even when playing Call of Duty Ghosts on my 360 it is fine. When I had the Virgin Superhub it also worked perfectly fine, it it only since having the Superhub 2 I have had issues.
0 Kudos
sonydan2k13
Tuning in
Message 9 of 94
Flag for a moderator

that is axactly what my problem is
I am on 5GHZ
every single multiplayer game in ghosts get kicked
do's not disconnect from xbox live
other device don't disconnect from hub.
and it is only ghost I am having issues with aswell.
0 Kudos
dcookster
Superfast
Message 10 of 94
Flag for a moderator

"Dcookster, this is a totally separate issue. NAT restrictions tend to be down to individual users and their set up."

Funny that John, because when I spoke to your Technical support they advised me there was a general issue with the SH2, wireless and a Strict Nat.

VM singing from the same hymn sheet......

You Tube streaming issues that "never was" all over again!