Menu
Minow
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub2 & XBox live NO CONNECTION

Hi all

Where do I start?

We've had a SuperHub2 for a couple of years with no real issues (other than the odd lag).

2 days ago Router refused to provide IP address by DHCP with wired or wireless.

VM told me it would be at least 4 days to get a replacement router. Told VM to cancel all services immediately.

Suddenly, I've got a new SuperHub2 on next day delivery & £10 off my bill for 12 months.

New SuperHub2 arrives and has major issues with DNS / internet connection. Spoke to Tech Support and after 3 hours (and 2 calls with the phone put down by VM) was still having issues. Was told I couldn't speak to anybody who knew what they were doing, but was promised a call back by 21:00 hrs. NO CALL BACK.

Now, finally, I have internet. (I suspect changes were made centrally as router re-started sporadically during the evening).

However, XBox live will not connect. Xbox tests show connection to the internet but no XBox live. 

We've tried all the suggestions we can find online (clear cache etc) but I tethered my XBox to my mobile and connected without any issue so it's clearly an issue with VM / SuperHub2.

We've tried port forwarding / DMZ / no firewall on the SuperHub2 all with the same result.

When trying to complain to VM tonight I got put on hold to be put through to Tech Support. After 20 mins on hold the call disconnected. Tried ringing back to be put on auto hold again with no answer at all.

VM - Last chance. 16 years faithful and this is how we're treated???

Forum buddies: any ideas??

TIA Chris

0 Kudos
Bee18
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub2 & XBox live NO CONNECTION

Xbox live has been down for a few days, nothing to do with virgin. Mines started working again tonight, you should check it now.
0 Kudos
Dibbly
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Xbox live couldn't of been down as I've been on it everyday
0 Kudos
Bee18
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

xbox live for the 360 WAS down, it was on their service status on the website, lucky you if yours was working lol...

0 Kudos