Menu
ocleot07
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Struggle to join games/party PS4

Can anyone help me as am at a loss at the moment.

About 2 months ago we got a new super hub 2ac. I set it up my self and everything seemed to be working. However my PS4 experience has been a bit rubbish since installing the new super hub 2. I can connect to the PSN and send messages and download games fine.

On my PS4 I get NAT 2 and on average 40mbps up and 7mbps down. My issues are when I try and join friends party's I won't be able to join right away. Otherwise I will get a server timed out error. If I give it 10-15 seconds after the first attempt I can then join.

My other issue is actually playing online. No matter what game I always struggle connecting to servers. For example FIFA 16. I load it up and right of the bat 99% of the time it will say cannot connect to the EA servers. So I have to try 3 or 4 times before it works. Same with Star Wars Battlefront and Metal Gear Solid 5.

Rainbow Six Siege which only came out a few days ago. I can't connect online at all. I keep getting a error as soon as I load the game up.

My PS4 is set to a static IP. I have opened all the required ports. It is connected via wire. I have tried wifi I have also tried putting my PS4 into DMZ. This did not change anything. I have even reset the hub to factory reset.

So I have no idea what else I can do.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Struggle to join games/party PS4

Hi Oceleot07,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble connecting to parties on PS4. It does sound like you've tried everything and from what you describe it sounds like your connection to PSN itself is fine.

Could you run traces to the serves you play on for each of those games and post them here so we can see if there is a particular link where the connection fails?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ocleot07
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.I have opened a few more servers suggested by Sony and it appears a lot more stable now. Most of the games I had issues connecting to seem fine now. Only issue am facing now is Rainbow Six but going by some comments online there is a wide spread issue with that game at the moment.

How do I run tracers to the servers of each game anyhow?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ocleot07
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still having a few issues I thought I had sorted. Do you think the router might be faulty? As I have noticed it has restarted by it's self a few times over the last few weeks as well.

0 Kudos
ocleot07
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Could it be the superhub 2 that is at fault. As I said I have noticed the router has rebooted it self a few times over the past few weeks. I changed from wired and wifi today and am seeing better results. Which is odd so I thought maybe the ethernet cable was dodge. So I tried a new one and still the same results. At the moment wifi is working better than wifi for me.

But am still having issues on most games.

0 Kudos
ocleot07
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well I got it sorted. It was down to the superhub 2ac being a pathetic excuse of a router.

Went and got my self a cheap TP-LINK Archer C2 AC750 that cost me less than £39 from Amazon.co.uk. I reset the superhub 2ac to factory settings. I then put it into modem mode. I connected to new router to it and I was back online all ready. I followed the very simple instructions and I had the wifi set up and my PS4 was given a static ip and put into DMZ in less than 10 minutes.

All the issues I had with games on PS4 are now gone. Even Rainbow Six Siege is working fine. This game I could not play online for 8 days. I was blaming Ubisoft and there servers when really it was the rubbish superhub 2. Also I gained a big increase in speed due to the new router.

According to speedtest.net I was getting about 90mbps down and 7mbps up via the superhub 2. With this new router again according to speedtest.net I am not getting 160mbps down and 12mbps up.

Anyone else who games and has a superhub 2ac I highly recommend getting another router. This is the one I got and was very simple to set up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00K0MJ8DS?keywords=tp-link%20archer%20c2&qid=1449755261&ref_=nav...
0 Kudos