Menu
Domducci
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Strict nat ps4

Does anyone know how to get rid of a strict nat type on my ps4 on black ops 3. I have a super hub 2 and I can't seem to do it. if I turn my hub to modem mode I will lose wifi facility so could I simply buy a modem and use that for wifi if I run it from my super hub that will be in modem mode ? Because the wifi is used for lap tops phones etc so I still need to be able to have wifi for family.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Strict nat ps4

Hello Domducci

Welcome to our forum, there are quite a few clever people floating around and we will do our best to help with the strict NAT problem.

Have you heard of DMZ? It is a way of letting one specified device access through the router but not via the firewall etc. It can be a useful way of resolving these NAT type issues.

You will need to specify an IP and DNS on the PS4 and not use the DHCP client.

Then log into the hub and specify the PS4 IP you created in the DMZ page and fingers crossed all your NAT worries will be over!

If you need any more help to do this please just ask.

Keep us posted please

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Lee68
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi.Nicola

I've followed a utube vid to explain how to get the DMZ  set etc and also I have firewall set to low.

however when we ran the internet connection test on the ps4 it won't connect to the Internet at all with all the new setting in place..

any ideas ?

This is for my son , and I hate to let him down but it's now beyond my knowledge.It says on his ps4 the not type is strict.

lee

0 Kudos
Lee68
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Also, what's the DHCP?
0 Kudos
Domducci
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello it's all done through the super hub, what I did in the end was ring Virgin and they have a department that can help you. They talk you through how to get into the settings and what you have to do. I searched Google and it said something about forwarding ports and it had a list of ports to forward once you have the list of ports ring Virgin. I didnt have a clue I'm not much use with all this side of things but they really helped me and now I have no nat type issues so I recommend giveing them a call.
0 Kudos