Menu
Kouneloz
Superfast
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Steam 'content servers unreachable' & 'no internet connection' error

Hey folks

Is anyone else having trouble updating or downloading games through Steam? My games are set to update automatically but since the 22nd I've noticed an yellow illuminated steam taskbar meaning pending updates. I tried launching said games and Steam throws up errors below

An error occurred while updating Euro Truck Simulator 2 (no internet connection) :

No Source

https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithAppError/?appid=227300&error=6
An error occurred while updating H1Z1: King of the Kill (content servers unreachable)

https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithAppError/?appid=433850&error=21

I have changed the download servers from London to Manchester to Ireland and I get the error with all 3. Is anyone else experiencing the same?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Kouneloz
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Steam 'content servers unreachable' & 'no internet connection' error

This has now been resolved. Ages ago I used a software called MM Server Picker to block CS:GO from matching me with certain European servers. I downloaded this software earlier this week to clear any servers I had blocked previously and having not used the software for over a year, I had actually blocked all servers instead of resetting the blacklist. Weird how a CS:GO matchmaking server block actually blacklisted steam download servers!

All Replies
Kouneloz
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I forced a new WAN IP to be sure Steam had not blacklisted my IP, no dice.

Switched over to my BT line and the same updates which were stuck have started to download. This leads me to believe this is a VM routing issue or an issue within the VM network

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Working fine for me?

Grandmother and suck eggs and that , but make sure your account details are up to date...

Have you 2 step authentication activated? Id be suspicious of an account hijack if youve lost access?

0 Kudos
Kouneloz
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

2FA is enabled and working as intended and this is not account related. The games I have installed work fine when playing online multiplayer. It's just game updates and game downloads which are forever pending and fail. I would have assumed if there was a nationwide issue, more people would be complaining here. Guess I'll have to troubleshoot when I get back from work. I have a sneaky suspicion Kaspersky Total Security might be the culprit. It's only job is to serve as AV but they might have pushed bad definitions earlier this week as I have made no changes to my system.

0 Kudos
Kouneloz
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This has now been resolved. Ages ago I used a software called MM Server Picker to block CS:GO from matching me with certain European servers. I downloaded this software earlier this week to clear any servers I had blocked previously and having not used the software for over a year, I had actually blocked all servers instead of resetting the blacklist. Weird how a CS:GO matchmaking server block actually blacklisted steam download servers!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kouneloz wrote:

I forced a new WAN IP to be sure Steam had not blacklisted my IP, no dice.

Switched over to my BT line and the same updates which were stuck have started to download. This leads me to believe this is a VM routing issue or an issue within the VM network

Does not explain that...

I mean I get the software will block access , should not make any diffrence which connection you use- should still be blocked...

Weird..

0 Kudos
Mlewis96
Just joined
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This was the issue for me and clearing the server filters I had set on it for CSGO matchmaking fixed my issue with Steam downloads.

0 Kudos