Menu
Karrut
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Split second lag spikes to around 150ms all day

This is really starting to get to me now, every once in a while (maybe 10-20 second delays in between) there will just be a quick jump to around 150ms for a second or two. This is most noticeable when I'm playing League of Legends, I literally can't play because this is causing me to lose fights and miss cs. This has been going on for the past few months now and I'm seriously annoyed. Sometimes I'll check the area status, finding that others have also been experiencing issues so I just leave it, but I've had well enough of that by this point.

Also when I'm watching YouTube videos it will either buffer all the way real quick or it will stop buffering 1/5th through the video, causing me to have to refresh in order to get back to watching.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Split second lag spikes to around 150ms all day

Hi Karrut,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting lag spikes. I've just checked your connection and can see that your contention is pretty high at peak times though not quite at a point where we can raise a fault to networks. Are you only seeing these spikes in the evenings or all day? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Karrut
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's mostly later on during the evening, though it does sometimes happen earlier. It's just really awkward because in competitive games like League of Legends and CS:GO, these spikes matter a lot.

9XwQGcs

0 Kudos
ArnieLAD
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Same problem i am getting but i am getting constant packet loss.

My Broadband Ping - VIRGIN-66

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karrut,

Thanks for getting back to us and posting your BQM graph.

I've just rechecked your connection and the contention has now been raised to networks under fault ticket F004353285. The fault is due for review 24/08/16. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos