Menu
ps9503
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Spike in speed gamer 200

I have upgraded to the vivid gamer 200 and my speed is all over the place one minute its 3.36 next its 195 meg on xbox live, through my computer its well over 200 meg so no problem there its just xbox one, it's wired connection but jumping all over the place, i have tried super hub 2" super hub 3" and tried both in modem mode with an asus router, how can it go as low as 3.36 meg im on gamer 200??iv had engineers out and they said nothing is wrong erm something is clearly wrong, most of the time its about 50-60meg
0 Kudos
unisoft
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spike in speed gamer 200

I have exactly this issue....

Superhub 2ac = 220mbps on speed tests, 12.3 upstream

change out to HUB 3.0 and now 35-75mbps, occasionally 200mbps and upstream of 6-8mbps and sometimes 21....

Pings are longer at 32 instead of 15-22 too.

Never been in an over utilised area before either....

I got a more fuller explanation with correct power levels etc. when I first posted in the SPEED section of the forum...

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spike in speed gamer 200

Evening ps9503,

I appreciate you posting on the community.

Apologies you are having an issue with the broadband speeds on your Xbox One.

When testing on the Xbox One, it will use different servers and can give you an incorrect speed test result. The best speed test you can complete is on a PC/laptop through a wired connection as this is more accurate, which I can see you have done and the results are showing you are getting the correct speeds.

Hope this helps

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos