Menu
gplh
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Speed offered

Was thinking for the son to up service to the vivid 200 gamer but been having a poor time with virgin  speeds, tivo, phone.Had a chat with a very near neighbour same box  who is thinking of getting connected he is interested in the gaming vivid 200 and was assured that it is available to him now funny as I am on the so called 150 and never get  anyway near that and funnier still my bill is pleased to announce that the area is being upgraded between Jan 2017 and July 2017 (bet which end that will be) not so funny is that as a long standing customer aka wally? his better package offered is 1/3 of the cost in first year and over his quoted full term not factoring in the frequent price rises still 60% of my costs over the same period.

So how can the not till next year bit fit with get it now?.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed offered

gplh wrote:

Was thinking for the son to up service to the vivid 200 gamer but been having a poor time with virgin  speeds, tivo, phone.

If you have service reliability issues (or wifi issues) then it's advisable to get those sorted, as they will affect any speed package you choose.

Had a chat with a very near neighbour same box  who is thinking of getting connected he is interested in the gaming vivid 200 and was assured that it is available to him now

It is, but it's a PAID upgrade. No reason why you can't get it either. 

funny as I am on the so called 150 and never get  anyway near that

That'll be due to your service reliability, poor wifi, equipment (devices) or other factors you need to get sorted.

and funnier still my bill is pleased to announce that the area is being upgraded between Jan 2017 and July 2017 (bet which end that will be)

That I assume is the FREE speed upgrade (because they don't give out dates for paid upgrades), if you haven't had it already?

not so funny is that as a long standing customer aka wally?

Show me an alternative that's as good and cheaper. I've been looking at BT and other alternatives but they're more expensive, or a downgrade.

his better package offered is 1/3 of the cost in first year and over his quoted full term not factoring in the frequent price rises still 60% of my costs over the same period.

No reason you can't get just as good prices (assuming you're comparing like-for-like). I recently renewed my 50Mb package and am paying £26.70 / month (broadband only), which is better than the price new customers pay of £32.25 / month.

If you work out the average cost of the 1/3 off now with telephone offers they're always more expensive, if by just a few pounds.

e.g. £50.25 for Vivid 200 Gamer (broadband only).

vs with telephone it's £30 / month for 12 months = £360, then £39 / month (remaining 6 months) = £234. plus phone line £19 / month = £342.

Total = £360+£234+£342 / 18 months = £52 per month (£2 more expensive than broadband only).

Line rental server is £196 (from 1 Nov) / 12 months x 18 months = £294 instead of £342 for line rental.  Which works out £2.66 / month cheaper (£48 over the 18 months).

So all in all a whopping 66p off for paying for your line rental in cash. lol.

It's more profitable spending half hour on the phone with retentions negotiating a new contract.

So how can the not till next year bit fit with get it now?.

You can't get the Vivid 200 Gamer as a FREE upgrade, which is usually what the dates are talking about.

0 Kudos