Menu
jimmyd_uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sony PSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone at Virgin Media phone me please about Sony PSN issues. Apparently 2nd line support cannot help and it has to be dealt with through the forum!  I'm fed up with this issue and VM lack of ability to resolve it.

You have my details. 

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony PSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What PSN problems you having ???

My PSN has been fine all year. Maybe my sig has the answer.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jimmyd_uk,

Sorry to hear you're still affected by PSN sign-in issues.  There were problems reported via the forum over the summer, our engineers did some work on the network, but no definitive cause was ever found.

What's happening at the moment when you try to connect to PSN?  Is it any different if you connect in modem mode?

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
jimmyd_uk
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,  My PS4 is connected wirelessly and cannot log into PSN.  When I test 'Network' it fails.  Spoke to Sony and you guys opened up ports and set up port forwarding for me, still doesn't work.  Strangely enough if I go to the Sony PSN Website on a PC that's connected via Ethernet cable and try to login to PSN website it fails too! So problem not related to just my PS4.  I spent an hour on the phone with Michelle last night, trying to connect the PS4 in modem mode but didn't  work as my PS4 and router are on opposite side of the house.

As it's affecting both my PS4 and PC Website access I doubt it's a Sony issue. Can you let me know what else to try. I'm not home until Friday night so can't try much until then but fed up now, been going on for nearly 2 months!  I can log in perfectly if i'm not connected to the Virgin Media network.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jimmyd_uk,

If the Playstation test fails at network that means the connection fails at PSN itself, not with the internet connection. Could you try running a traceroute to them and posting it here? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos