Menu
jimmyd_uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sony PSN

Hi, I haven't been able to sign into Sony PSN network for weeks, just spoke to PSN support and they said it was a Virgin Media problem.

Tried to contact VM support twice, keeping getting through, waiting for 30 minutes and getting cut off.

Any ideas how to solve the issue, seems like there are a lot of people having the same problem.

Can VM contact me please?

Cheers

0 Kudos
jimmyd_uk
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony PSN

Just opened up all the ports Sony suggested and still not working. Anyone else in Camberley having this problem? Very frustrating
0 Kudos
jimmyd_uk
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there - I just spoke to VM customer services who acknowledged there was a problem with VM customers accessing the PlayStation network.

They told me the fault was being handled by the forum team and to take a UDP trace.

Can someone tell me the syntax for UDP trace to the Sony PSN?

Cheers

0 Kudos
FingersMulloy
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, either I can't sign in, or it's really slow. No idea why really.

Here's the PSN speed test for me

And here's a speed test of my PC. Which is in the same room:

0 Kudos
J87
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can't sign in again either. I did have this problem before but it sorted its self out after a week. I could of swore I read on the forum that this issue had been fixed, lol obviously not. I guess VM working on the issue has to be better than PSN trying to fix it.
0 Kudos
NickNewark
Superfast
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm not having any problems signing in to PSN with Virgin. Do you connect wireless to the router or by Ethernet?

0 Kudos
J87
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I connect wireless and I can play my Xbox one fine, but ps3/4 don't sign in. Neither does the psn app for my phone connect while trying via WiFi. But it will connect from my 4G if I disable WiFi on my phone.
0 Kudos
nu4an
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

have you tried changing MTU setting on ps network settings?

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Its a VM router problem on the SH.

Modem mode, and an external Router = PSN Works.

I should know, as I have been on PSN daily.

I downloaded MGS5, and been playing since its release on 01/SEP/2015

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
J87
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've tried every solution, the fact is virgin and psn have issues. I used psn for years with no issues except when psn was down, and now this. As I said not a major issue for me as my Xbox One runs flawlessly using the same wireless connection, just sometimes won't let me login if I fancy playing an older cod on ps3.
0 Kudos