Menu
kato900
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So, my unstable and overly congested internet is supposed to get fixed on the 15th...

I keep calling up and checking it's on the 15th still, because this is the third date I have been given over a 1 year period where it has supposed to have been fixed. The last time I phoned, I even got a time it's supposed to be fixed, 9am! That's crazy how waiting a year I can now know the exact day and time... Sounds fishy to me... After looking on the forums and seeing 90% of the people complaining about unstable congested connections, and being told review dates, I wanna make sure my internet is indeed going to be fixed on the 15th, at 9am, and not reviewed, because I really wanna make moving ISP's a lot faster if it's just under for review, or not getting fixed... I've waited too long to be able to use my internet between 5pm and 12am... Because I actually enjoy using the service I pay for, and those are the only times that I can use it, and guess what> it looks like this every night. I probably won't get a reply before the 15th, but I'm really hoping I can get a confirmation, it will be a massive weight off my shoulders. Thanks

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/cd44fb8f51867e5f1991348084bceec3.html

0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: So, my unstable and overly congested internet is supposed to get fixed on the 15th...

Any date given over the phone is a review date, even if they promise that it's a fix date.

When they fix utilisation/congestion problems it just suddenly happens one day between review dates, there is never a specific date or time.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: So, my unstable and overly congested internet is supposed to get fixed on the 15th...

0 Kudos
kato900
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, I figured so... I guess I'll find out for sure soon... I don't even know what to do if they don't fix it, I can't get any decent fiber in my area is seems... 

0 Kudos
kato900
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but VM are aware of the issue, they admitted it's congestion, I've just been waiting for them to fix it for a very, very long time.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello kato900,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Please accept my apologies for the problems with your connection, I know it's frustrating. I've checked the fault in your area under ref: F004507492 and I can see it's on-going and will be reviewed on the 10th May. If you keep in touch with us, we would be more than happy to provide progress updates.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kato900
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ahahaha, of-course! I already cancelled my subscription. Step by step updates? Like someone telling me an engineer was fixing it as we spoke on the phone on the 15th? Then when I phone on the 16th, no one had a clue about anyone fixing it, and the next date was on the 10th of may! Crazy right? Also hilarious how I then get put through to some moron who "Cannot see congestion on the line" So I let him on my pc, show him all the evidence and he literally admits he has no idea and gives me two options. 1, escalate the issue, and hope they can figure it out (Obviously dumb, as everyone knows it's congestion) Or 2, wait until may. What a great company. Cannot wait for my sky installation

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey kato900,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm saddened to hear that you've decided to leave us, although I completely understand your reasons. These fault are extremely frustrating and can take a while to resolve. They're also out of our hands, if we could have quickened up the process, we would have.

I'd like to thank you for your patience and once again apologies for any inconvenience we've caused.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos