Menu
Qwayze
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Internet Speeds

My internet speeds are decent on all devices except my PS4, all of a sudden I can only get 2Mbps at most when before I had 26Mbps. This is making it hard to play games online from the constant lag. Please help!!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Internet Speeds

Is the PS4 connected to the super hub using a wired Ethernet connection or a wireless connection?

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Qwayze
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK, that rules out wireless interference.  I also connect my PS4 via Ethernet, but have not experienced such a dramatic drop in speed.

I'm guessing your speed test is the built in Sony speed test.  What speeds do you get if you try this 3rd party test via the web browser on the PS4:

http://testmy.net/multithread

Can I just check, is that Ethernet connection direct to the hub or via another device? e.g powerline adapter, switch, 3rd party router, etc.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos