Menu
El_Curt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow Internet / High Ping

Hey,
       I created a post a few months ( many ) about slow speeds and high ping , but this issue is still going on with no signs of easing  i get all the throttling at peak times and the UP TO XXXmbps quotes but what i find weird is  me having 1200ms ping to uk/europe servers at 8pm onwards and a download speed of around 1-2mbps  when im quoted 100mbps. Im using my own router ( latest firmware) and super hub in modem mode to no avail ( as your superbhub  isnt the best) , due to my work schedule this effectively can mean  my internet is useless on some if not most nights as it can be 11pm before it comes to a usuable level but to me as 1-2mbps these days to a house with 4 or so active users  all trying to do there own thing ( watch movies or simply using ebay ) is a joke as 9 times out of ten if someone else is doing anything remotely heavy ( no matter the time) the internet chugs along. To add insult to injury you sent a letter or email through to the account holder not so long back saying your upgrading it to a 152mbps line when will i get that speed 3am? once a year? when the stars are in alignment ? Sarcasm aside, you are already crediting the account £10 or so per month but this is a joke for one if not the biggest internet supplier in the uk.

/rant

mannyshere
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Internet / High Ping

so true.... have noticed more issues after 8pm and then it comes alive early morning and then like a vicious rollercoaster starts dying gradually through the afternoon and flatlines in the evening Smiley Happy