Menu
Tomcat2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow Connection to UK Game Server.

Hi, This is my first time that I have done anything like this, but I am unable to find a solution to my problem even after reading many threads, so here goes, if you can help that would be most appreciated. Please bear in mind that I am a computer user and in no way a computer geek.

I play the game Insurgency, (not the mod), on a UK based server and as anyone who play’s this game will know you start off joining a lobby of 8 players and download the map from the server.

This is where my problem lies, the gaming server is UK based and guys from all over the world are connecting in sec’s even guys from the UK with other ISP’s with lower band speeds are in and playing while I am stuck in the downloading step from server, usually takes 30sec’s to complete this step. My ping in game is really good, runs from 15 to 20.

Have try other game servers but still get the same problem.

Does not matter what time of day it is the problem is still there.

I am directly connect (Ethernet Cable), to the super hub from my pc and have reset the router many times have try wireless / modem mode with no luck.

Here is my tracert results hope this may help.

tracert 109.70.148.24

Tracing route to 24-148-109.gamingdeluxe.co.uk [109.70.148.24]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     7 ms     6 ms     8 ms cpc2-birk7-2-0-gw.1-3.cable.virginm.net [86.28.222.1]

2     9 ms     7 ms     6 ms bagu-core-2b-xe-010-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.106.214.181]

3     *      *       *     Request timed out.

4     *       *       *     Request timed out.

5     *       *       *     Request timed out.

6     *       *       *     Request timed out.

7     *       11 ms   11 ms brhm-bb-1c-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254.42.110]

8     *       *       *     Request timed out.

9   18 ms   15 ms   15 ms xe-0-2-4.rt0.thn.bandwidth.co.uk [195.66.225.123]

10   21 ms   23 ms   20 ms 10ge-3-4.rt0.sax.gamingdeluxe.co.uk [217.146.94.126]

11   19 ms   19 ms   19 ms 24-148-109.gamingdeluxe.co.uk [109.70.148.24]

Trace complete.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Connection to UK Game Server.

Hi Tomcat2

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing while playing Insurgency. Thanks for posting a trace route for us to have a look at. Everything looks ok there and I can't see any issues with your hub or network segmnet when checking your connection.

Have you spoken with New World to see if they can shed some light on this issue?

Speak soon  

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Tomcat2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi TY_S

Thanks for getting back to me and checking out my connections, have done some more research in to this problem.

It finally came down to my AV causing the problem, what I did was to completely remove my AV and install win firewall and defender and my connection time to the game server drop from 30secs to 1 or 2secs. I then reinstalled my AV and my problem is back. Now talking to my AV provider to sort.

Many Thanks for Help. 

Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tomcat2

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy I'm really glad that you were able to narrow down this issue. 

Hope you have a good weekend,
Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos