Menu
aggellos
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Shocking spiking and latency .

for the past 2 week me and a group of friends all virgin BB user have the same issue , download speeds fine , no packet loss I can run now tv, netflix 1 ipad 1 latop and 1 pc all browsing no issue my friends having the same problems and checking a few forums and it would seem many people are having similar issues( I am talking 25-30 people here).

examples:

Dota2 EU west server 150 ping,  Russia server 40 ping even on the 40 ping Russian server it spikes and drops constantly.

CS:GO same any server in the uk or western eu 90+ pings spiking and packet loss galore.

SWBF same spiking and ping all over the place.

PS3/PSN games the same totally unplayable

XBOX1/LIVE games the same totally unplayable

So what's happening we thought it was only an issue with uddingston as that's where we all connect to but we have been talking to people in Edinburgh, Newcastle, west Glasgow and they are having the exact same issue everything's fine bar gaming.

It is the only reason I pay £100 a month, that is for the better quality of connection everything for us seems to have gone downhill since the speed upgrade.

0 Kudos
aggellos
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking spiking and latency .

So what is going on there are tons of us with this issue , can we get a response or is it a trip to the register for another friendly Virgin story ! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Agellos,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble playing online. I did notice in another thread you posted in that this may be down to the similar issues we'd seen with Europes gtt servers.

Could you run traces to all the games you play on and post the results here for us to take a look at? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
aggellos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi john to honest I have given up and I'm in the process of switching to BT , 4 of us in the same street with virgin 2 can connect fine to everything and 2 of us can't do any sort of online gaming with any consistency and 2  BT users who have never had any issues at all. the service since the speed upgrade has been dreadful full stop, and this forum is full of people with the same issues.

Sad I've been with you guys for 15 years, we are talking 2 full months this has been going on

0 Kudos
LdGallifryan
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am in the same boat as you.. My speeds have been bad and I also pay £100 a month.. And we are laying for quality of service and the speed that's on our bills.

But I have been having issues with ping latency as well as speed..

I do notice a issue with VM's test on equipment.. If you use there auto tool on the site to check if you're equipment is working well.. 99% of the time it just says 'it hasn't been reset in some time..we'll remotely restart your equipment..' But it doesn't solve the problems even if it comes up with.. Nothing is wrong.. 'Call 150 to get someone to look into it'.

But the only issue with calling VM is that you get told either its your wireless setup or there's nothing wrong that we can see on our end.. Its definitely your meaning our end the user...

If we tell them We're have Issues they should take it into account.. Its like they've hired monkeys ... And most of the time it's a non English person when you call 150 that obviously doesn't like working to solve our issues..

I have been a VM well since telewest so a good 17 years with VM and its only gone down hill since these Superhubs have came out..
0 Kudos