Menu
Evashark
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Semi-frequent very large ping spikes

Hello,

My connection seems to be suffering occasional really large ping spikes for no apparently reason, it has been making playing games rather annoying recently.

http://i.imgur.com/MIfGwsO.png (this was while pinging google.co.uk, 10am Saturday)

These are occuring on a wired connection while in a SuperHub 1's Router Mode and still happen when it's the only device connected to the network.

Any thoughts on how to fix these?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Semi-frequent very large ping spikes

With route mode you may find rebooting it helps but using modem mode will be more stable and can be used with a router to better your QoS.

0 Kudos
Evashark
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've rebooted it several times and modem mode isn't really an option as I have multiple devices connected to it (the problem still happens with just the one connected)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Evashark

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having a problem with intermittent lag, we will do our best to help.

The connection is looking good at the moment, historically area traffic is quite low and upstream performance good.

I wonder if any of your devices are using up bandwidth in the background and hence causing your gaming packets to queue and lag.

As legacy1 mentioned would it be possible to try it in modem only mode just for diagnostic purposes Modem mode on your Virgin Media Hub

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos