Menu
formant
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SWTOR lag

Hi,

I first thought this was an issue with the Star Wars: The Old Republic mmo servers but I've now found it's my end.

I was running wired to my old superhub in router mode and was getting pings over a second every 15-30 seconds constantly in-game. I've now changed to modem mode and everything is fine.

To further test this I ran ping -t 192.168.0.1 to the SuperHub in both modes, the difference was extremely noticeable. I've reset the superhub and factory reset and the problem still persists. I need router mode to allow the rest of the family to use the Wi-Fi though.

What should I do? Does the hub need replacing?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SWTOR lag

Hello formant

Sorry you are encountering an annoying ping problem and thanks for all the diagnostics.

As you say I wonder if the hub is playing up? Just to double check though, when you were in router mode were any other devices connected as high pings every 30 seconds or so may be synonymous with another device using up bandwidth?

Also does a ping of 192.168.0.1 work in modem only mode? I truly am not sure?

Please keep us updated Smiley Happy

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
formant
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well I did a factory reset in modem mode and it seems to have sorted the issue out. I'm now back in Router mode and it's also fine. Weird how the first reset didn't have any affect when i tried it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very odd Formant,

Glad to hear it's fixed itself now though if you start to see the same issue again let us know and we'll run some further tests.

Cheers

John

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos