Menu
FrozenZombie
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Running 2 PS4s on Super Hub 2ac

I am currently still having issues running 2 PS4s on the same network using the Super Hub 2ac. 

One of the PS4s is using DMZ and the other has the correct ports forwarded. UPNP is disabled as when it was enabled we still had the issues.

Both IP's have been reserved and we are using Network plug adaptors to connect to the router.

Most people have the issue of NAT type being 3. We actually have both PS4s on NAT type 2 but we still having issues using PS4 Party Chat.

Once we join a party together we can talk fine but after a random amount of time we both get the message "Cannot use voice chat with the following player. This might be because of NAT type limitations".

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Running 2 PS4s on Super Hub 2ac

Seems to be a not uncommon issue with PS4 party chat, especially when you have multiple consoles on the same LAN.  Here is one example from the Playstation forum:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Consoles-Peripherals/Two-PS4-s-on-the-the-same-network-cause-...

One solution that has been suggested on here for getting multiple Xboxes working on the same LAN is to connect one wired and one wireless as in the VM hub the different interfaces have different MAC addresses.  Not ideal as the wireless connected PS4 will likely experience more lag and possible disconnections due to wireless interference.

The last resort is often to get a third party router that handles multiple consoles better through better implementation of the UPNP protocols so there is no need for port forwarding.  I use a Netgear R7000 which I have seen recommended many times by Xbox users as working well with multiple consoles (other routers are available).  I don't have two PS4s just a PS3 & a PS4 and they get NAT type 2 and just work with no need for any manual port forwarding.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
FrozenZombie
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply! I have taken your advice and ordered the Netgear R7000!

Do you have any info on the best settings to allow me to run the 2 PS4s? I think you said just enable UPNP and it should work?

Thanks again,

FrozenZombie

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I hope you got a good deal on the R7000, I see that Amazon have reduced it to £99.99.

I got mine back in March 2014 so I'm struggling to remember what steps I took when I set it up.  I think UPnP was already on by default.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey FrozenZombie,

Welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Great to see the support you've had from Scott, very helpful!

How are you getting on with your new router? Any thoughts or advice?

Hope you'll stick around and get involved with other conversations.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos