Menu
toewad1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Rubbish gaming on XBOX ONE

Can someone tell me what's going on with my gaming? I have to back out of virtually every game like  on COD Battlefield I see someone on the map I shoot my bullets go all the way round them when I try to aim slower they just miss then obviously I get 1 shot killed, lag slow game play you name it I have it, I have been in touch with Microsoft loads of times even Treyarch on the phone all they say is "it's your ISP" I contact VM all they say is "it's the servers", obviously I don't believe any of them but it's so annoying, all ports open 220mbps down 12up reset router DMZ everything but the thing is I do get the speeds so it's either VM too fast or just not a gaming broadband or I get slowed right down & my broadband can't cope like liquid going into a fat tube then getting smaller going into a thin tube then it get's congested. Anyone any ideas    Thanks!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Jasondmorgan
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Rubbish gaming on XBOX ONE

Im on 200mb vm and use xbox one . Vm need more street cabinets over populated .speedtest says 220mb but thats 5g that screwing with the xbox to unstable .turn off 5g .2g only goes to 43 mb is slow but improves xbox but is still poor

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi toewad1,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with gaming on your XBox One.

I've managed to locate your account and the downstream power levels are too high at +17 dBmV. For this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can go ahead with the appointment.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

can i ask what area code you live in like eg ng18.i posted a problem friday i think it was your lucky someone helped you after 12 min i think it said.i hve the same problem with battlefield 1.tried everything.i left plusnet about 18 months again i only had 10 download 1meg upload on copper wire but the line was more stable than this 100meg fibre line.sso got 40 quid game just for a ornament.no point in upgrading the package so theres a uploads most games only need a tiny amount off upload speed so chucking 20 meg upload at a game cant see how that works.like the vivid packaged.when first had vm i was given a cisco modem only and 20 meg and upload was less than a meg bloody fantastic service.

redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

sorry i got that wrong you posted your problems two week ago. And the young looking ladie go back to you at the time i started writing. my apologies

0 Kudos
Jasondmorgan
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Im on 200mb vm and use xbox one . Vm need more street cabinets over populated .speedtest says 220mb but thats 5g that screwing with the xbox to unstable .turn off 5g .2g only goes to 43 mb is slow but improves xbox but is still poor
toewad1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Most of the time I,m wired 220meg down 12 up still no good for gaming, just on to support see about Ipv6.

redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i have tried disabling 5g no difference.tonight is a nightmare not even going to attempt battlefield 1. has im writing this i have horrendous dashboard lag have to keep on going back on myself to delete a and rewrite as im dooijng this from my xbox.my speed looked good a hour ago on speedtest.net 103 down 6.11 up on the pc wired though the green graph that appears underneath looks like rocky mountains big dips everywhere.it cant be xboxlive because as im wtiting this i am in a live party with friends that live 4 miles away and they have no issues must be great talktalk fibre they just had.on a funny note if you go to browers and type sky or vm or plusnet or bt followed by trustpilot you can you look at each isp providers pie chart and TALKTALK AS THE BEST LOOKING ON ALL THE REST ARE MOSTLEY 1 STAR REVIEWS LOL

0 Kudos
toewad1
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Check out your internet connection search settings for cmd or command prompt when the black box appears type in, ping google.com -t leave it running for a minute then hit ctrl then c it will stop, that is a constant ping to google it will give you an idea of how stable your line is and if you have packet loss, a good ping is less than 30ms if you have spaces in between the pings you more than likely have packet loss, that is like shooting someone on a map and the bullet doesn't get there and they nail you high pings are lag or latency P.S. you can type in the box things like ping bbc.co.uk -t it also gives you trecert there is a lot more things you can do in the box too. Cheers!

0 Kudos
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ok i have done all the cmd stuff that shows good pingtest.net says i have a B* QUALITY LINE.next to that theres asmall box that says there could be issues with some online games.and from what iv been told on here my line as high traffic use.had the same problem's 4 years ago and left.start looking agan after Christmas dont need 100meg anyway was happy with my plusnet phoneline broadband 10 meg dl 1.0 ul only reason i came back is so i could run to devices at night but as soon as IPLAYER is turned i can say game over for xbox.iplayer robbs all the juice and iplaer is running wireless.xbox wired and only2 feet away from SH3...............

0 Kudos