Menu
Tommehz
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Rubber Banding

I keep rubber banding within game and my ping will spike from 30 to 90-100+ causing me to lagg and rubber band constantly when in game this happens all throughout the day and even at night time as i have just stopped playing due to it as its unplayable. I have had this issue for months, and i know its not my computer because when i use another internet line its fine and i experience no rubber banding.

The internet is fine in other aspects such as Streaming, Downloading and using Online services however when I play games such as CS:GO i constantly rubber band and have ping spikes which causes the game to be unplayable at times.

Downstream - https://gyazo.com/3f9a5ad112cefe9229641eb7d81bf896

Upstream - https://gyazo.com/05bf17338ddaccc35a240121cf9905fd

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rubber Banding

0 Kudos
davetrouser
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

legacy1 wrote:
Use modem mode and choose to get a router.

So much this!

If you're into gaming enough to worry about latency, you need to get a router designed for the job. The superhub is basic kit to allow customers access to the service - the vast majority of whom do not even know or care what lag is. They are NOT high performance in any way.

That said, you should connect a PC via ethernet cable to the superhub in modem mode to discover if there is any improvement by running latency tests. If there IS, then a better router is the way forward. If modem mode makes no improvement, then you need to address potential line issues before purchasing.

I highly recommend the ASUS range of high-end routers. I still use an older RT-N56U, which is more than good enough for gaming. Second hand ones are readily available as enthusiasts upgrade to the latest models. If you have a large home and want full Wi-Fi coverage, go for a model with external antennas instead.

0 Kudos
Tommehz
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

And yet when i use other companies standard routers i dont get any rubber banding issues and its only on virgin and even if it is only a basic piece of equipment it should still allow me to play games online without causing me to lag and rubber band constantly so why should i have to purchase extra equipment to get the service that i should get which should allow me to play games online.

Also its not really worrying about latency when it is happening all the time im not worried about latency its just annoying that i rubber band and lag constantly when on the Virgin Media connection however when i use other ISP's connections such as Sky, even with their standard router i get no rubber banding so i dont see how me having another expense is going to make the connection magically better when with other ISP's and their standard routers are fine.

0 Kudos