Menu
JBG27
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Routing issues when playing CSGO

Hey guys,

I've been playing CSGO for over a year now and have noticed in the last about 5 months, I have had some sort of ingame lag that I can't explain, yet it is 100% NOT MY HARDWARE. Today I tried multiple things to look into it, which resulted in me doing a traceroute to one of the locations of the servers I play on:

45d084d96a4fb88eff68263322abcee1.png

I can't believe that my internet has been the issue for all this time, it appears that there is some problem with the routing from virgins side to servers all over Europe...

0 Kudos
frank2d2
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Routing issues when playing CSGO

It seems a common fault with a lot of servers. Find the ip of the servers that are the issue in particular and post some trace routes. This will help the guys here see at what point, and what servers are experiencing lag.

EDIT: Just realized you posted one ^

0 Kudos
JBG27
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It appears to be every server I play on...

0 Kudos
frank2d2
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Matchmaking? Dedicated servers?

Don't get me wrong i am having the exact same issue with CS:GO atm. I havn't been able to play for a few weeks now without losing my mind.

You might connect to 10 different CS:GO servers, but they all may at some point route through the same server, or different servers. Obviously if they all route through the same server you would expect the problem to exist in all cases. On the other hand if they all route through unique servers, then there is clearly a different problem, or a similar problem that occurs over multiple servers.

The point is that the more data than can be collected, including specific details of where there is lag occurring at exactly what point down each route, gives a better understanding of what the problem is.

0 Kudos
JBG27
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I don't play MM, I play FACEIT and ESEA, all of those servers and almost every community server I have played on is the same. I will collect all the IPs I play on everyday and post them.
0 Kudos
JBG27
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It appears that it is NOT just CSGO that is having the issues, but every other game I play too...

adambunion
Dialled in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like a similar problem that i'm trying to get resolved still. Where about are you in the UK in terms of closest City? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi JBG27,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting poor connection to CSGO and thank you for posting the trace. I can't see a problem on any of the servers on your traceroute so I'm not sure if this is the same problem affecting others on certain EU servers. 

I've checked your connection to see if there is anything on the hub and can see that yuor upstream power levels are too high which will cause fluctuating speeds and drop outs.

We'll have to get a technician out to adjust this and I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time.

To view your private messages just click the envelope at the top of the page. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

ashtrial
Dialled in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I get it in all my games too, does yours occur more during the peak times or weekends?

0 Kudos
adambunion
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That's true for me, hearing a lot of others with similar issues. 

0 Kudos