Menu
LRC97
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Router restarts when gaming & sporadic download speeds

Hello,

I've had this issue ever since I got the broadband installed, I don't know if it's down to throttling or something to do with my Ethernet drivers. My router will restart when I'm gaming, more commonly in the morning. It will restart 3-5 times for around 10 seconds, games like battlefield 1 will just kick me out of the game which is annoying. I have the Vivid Gamer 200 with the Virgin Media hub 3.0. It is very rare that I get 200 download speed. It is more common for it to be more stable at 100. Even if I do reach 200 it will be very unstable, this is mostly used on Steam. I got into contact with Virgin over this issue and they tested my line and they told me that I had power issues, they sent a technician and all he did was say that there's a 'ticket' for my area and left. What I don't understand is that my internet will not cut out if I'm just browsing the internet it's only when I'm gaming.

0 Kudos
LRC97
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router restarts when gaming & sporadic download speeds

Found the issue, it was Killer Network Service prioritising individual programmes for download/upload usage.

0 Kudos