Menu
dizzyx
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Router issue keep disconnecting on destiny 2

Hey I'm having a issue every time I try to play destiny 2 I get a error code:weasel and it disconnects my router i have static ip on Xbox one hard wired with a Ethernet cable and a open nat with 30ms latency with 0% packet loss with 88Mbps down and 11Mbps up all the suggested ports are forwarded I have tried everything on my end possible and I know what I'm doing to a extent but nothing seems to work not only that I do believe it's a router issue because I thought I'd try using my EE contract phone as a personal hotspot and it works flawlessly but I can't do this as a permanent fix because I don't have unlimited 4G unfortunately but I shouldn't have to use my phone as a alternative I should be able to play without issue any help will be great because I really want to play but it's been a week now iv determined it to be a router issue 100% and I have no idea what to do now I could try in modem mode but then the wifi won't work for people in my house and can't do that even if it is a fix

Thanks Dave
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router issue keep disconnecting on destiny 2

you can put it in modem mode and use your own cable router and chack that way but you have to pay out for a cable router to do it that way or call VM for a replacement router and look at this url from them

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12320 maybe this will give you a insider i don't have any ports open and i didn't mess around with the router you can have a bad shipment of routers or upgrade to gamer profile if you can via VM

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
dizzyx
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply dont have another router to try that with but never had a problem with destiny 1 or any other game i guess ill have to wait to buy a gaming router or ask for a replacement because not got the money atm just paid for a holiday to mexico
0 Kudos
dizzyx
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

just tried in modem mode and its working flawlessly

0 Kudos